• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feisol or Leofoto Tripod? Which model, and why?

lethalsquirts

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 23, 2018
    Indiana
    Would you recommend the feisol or the leofoto? Which model and why? I currently own a 055 manfrotto, xpro ballhead with a pig saddle on top. Looking to upgrade to something more stable. Manfrotto’s have a death wobble.

Leofoto is China shit. Feisol: Made in Taiwan, pretty good shit.

In truth Ive never used a Leophoto, but made in China so...

Last edited:
    Leofoto is China shit. Feisol: Made in Taiwan, pretty good shit.

In truth Ive never used a Leophoto, but made in China so...
    This right here. Leofoto is Chinese crap who blatantly copies RRS products. I avoid buying anything from CCP if at all possible. Out of those two I would chose a Feisol tripod. I would go even further in saying what someone else said on this site, "I am not rich enough to buy cheap shit". I originally bought a cheaper tripod which didn't cut it and in the end I worked an ot shift and eventually got a RRS TFCT 33/Anvil 30. I would have saved money by getting the RRS in the first place but I am a sucker for punishment I guess. I can say that for a lot of my shooting related purchases. Maybe one day I will learn my lesson.

You probably won’t hear what you want to hear in this forum. Many rrs fanboys here. Sorry to tell ya

I gave my opinion of the two the op mentioned and gave my reason. I could have left it at that but elaborated as to why I chose a RRS setup. In most cases you get what you pay for and I ended up paying more in the long run than what I would have paid by buying a RRS tripod in the first place. It's the op's money and he is free to spend it where he chooses. Maybe I can help the op avoid the same route I chose which ended up in me spending more money than I had to. I wouldn't necessary classify myself as a "fanboy" but to think that a Leofoto or Feisol tripod is on the same level as a RRS or other higher end tripods for that matter is disingenuous.. Again you get what you pay for.

Absolutely agree. I own the rt 90. If I hunted I would buy rrs. Without a doubt awesome tripods. For glassing and occasional rear support the rt 90 works for me.

I figured this post was going to turn into “buy a RRS” 🤣
    I get it... buy once cry once! Thanks for your opinions guys!

Reactions: Mxridr
    Lots of people here would never be caught dead with a Chinese made tripod, but have a garage full of Chinese made tools right from Home Depot. Makes me laugh.
    Sometimes you have no choice, it is what it is. When I do have a choice, I will spend my hard earned money where I see fit.

I second the Innorel RT90C!! Absolutely a beast of a carbon fiber tripod. 75mm bowl as well. There is a very large thread in here with it!! Worth the $300!

I have no experience with the Leofoto stuff, but I have extensive experience with the Feisol 3342 and 3372 and the RT90C (see the thread about it). The Feisols were incredibly stable for shooting when paired with a leveling base. I used the RRS universal base for years and honestly, I saw no difference in stability between the 3342, 3372, and the RT90C when seated or kneeling. Shooting standing, I'd say RT90C=3372>3342, but it's really close. All can go low enough to shoot prone and all are great for glassing. If it were my money and RRS weren't in the conversation, I'd flip a coin between the 3372 and RT90C as long as I could also buy a RRS leveling base, preferably the Anvil

Reactions: delfuego
    Lots of people here would never be caught dead with a Chinese made tripod, but have a garage full of Chinese made tools right from Home Depot. Makes me laugh.
    Ok, got me. But, they were all bought before the China Flu biowarfare attack.

I went with the LN364 cause it was cheaper. Figured I’d rather get an RRS than pay a little more for a Feisol. It’s rock solid but a bit heavier and bulkier than I’d like. I’ll replace it with an RRS eventually.