• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fenix LD20 flash light.

flyfisher117

Professional Milk Jug Hunter
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
Idaho
Picked one up today at a local "tactical" and survival shop as he called his store. This is my first ever nice flashlight. All ive ever owned were the minimag lights and they worked i guess for just needing light.

But ive got to say i just threw in a pair of cheap recharabgle batteries that are as old me and about out of their lifespan and ive got to say for $60 I am very impressed with the light the turbo mode is nice and it lights up the hill behind my house out to a good 30 yards but it shows enough light that if a coyote or something was out to about 70 yards (end of visible terrain then it gets really really thick it would light its eyes up at least.

Just curious if anyone has experience with Fenix lights or the LD20? im sure its not surefire quality (even though i havent found any bad reviews about it, and one guy said he like it more than surefire because it didnt cost big money) but its something a kid making min wage can afford.

Re: Fenix LD20 flash light.

Fenix makes very good lights. Also check out 4Sevens, they also make high quality lights for a very reasonable price. Surefire makes very good lights, but they seem to think that just because it has the surefire name on it means it should cost $200+. Surefire makes some very fine weaponlights, but there is nothing a similar Surefire can do that your Fenix cannot.

Heres a comparison to some similar lights.

Surefire LX2 lumamax: 200 lumen, 2 hour run time, 5.4"x1", 4.2oz, MSRP $210

4sevens Quark 123: 200 ANSI lumen, 2 hour 45 min runtime, 4.5"x.86", 1.8oz, MSRP $69

Fenix makes excellent flashlights with cutting edge technology at prices far less than the competition. Haven't used that model, but their designs are bullet-proof.

I have several TK-11's. The one I use for work gets several hrs per day use of constant on-off-on and gets dropped repeatedly. Damn thing is bomb-proof and blindingly bright. I'd swear it was made by aliens.

I use a TA21; LOVE IT... I have been looking to get the LD20 just so I can run rechargeables in it... glad you like yours!

With the price increase surefire just put through on a majority of their lights I'm going to look elsewhere going forward. The 6XP Pro went from $79 to $115!!!! Glad to hear the other brands match up pretty good.

I have a Fenix LD10 that I keep on my key chain. I have had it about two years. It gets used multiple times every week, sometimes multiple times per day and it has never let me down.

It never fails to get comments from my friends and customers and I know that I have sold several of them for Fenix. I have 3 - 4 different flashlights from Fenix, but this is the one that always get used. I typically replace the battery every daylight savings time change.

I have the LD20 and i love it. it's an excellent light for the price. i think they are just as good if not beter then surefire. check out youtube, nutnfancy does a great review on the ld20 and many other flashlights. you wont be dissapointed

Fenix makes fantastic lights, I have carried a TK10 on duty and a PD20 as a backup. They have never failed me. Unfortunately, Surefire has fallen behind in the LED race, with the Chinese taking the lead. There are a few US makers making top end lights, though, that beat out SF like HDS and Novatac. Check out www.candlepowerforums.com for endless information and data.

i also have the fenix LD20 excellent light for the price ,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jchubbel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the LD20 and i love it. it's an excellent light for the price. i think they are just as good if not beter then surefire. check out youtube, nutnfancy does a great review on the ld20 and many other flashlights. you wont be dissapointed </div></div>

Nutnfancy is the one that helped sell me on the light.
laugh.gif

I have an LD10, TK10 and TK11 and love them. The LD10 gets used almost daily while the others are nice to have around.

+1 on the LD20 I use Energizer Ultimate Lithum batteries on mine. I have purchased this model for friends as gifts and they all like them very much especially since you can find AA batteries anywhere.

I have a tk40 for a spot light and a pd30 that I carry daily. Great light and reasonably priced. I own many surefires and they are great lights but I don't know that for a simple light they are worth the money. Surefire makes great bodies but in my opinion their emitters are way behind the 8 ball. When you are ready to move up to a surefires try buying a body only offline and ordering a nailbender emitter off cpf. Surefire machining is great but definitely not as great as their high prices would indicate.

I have to agree I have about 5 fenix lights of all wattage's and for the money you just can't beat them.

Fenix has never let me down. I carry a PD20 as a back up and it's amazing. I have a P2D, P3D and a TK10. They are great lights, you can't go wrong with them.

A PD20 Fenix has been my EDC for two years now. It is a great light with wide range of intensity adjustment. Amazingly bright if you want it to be.

This is a great description. My experience is similar. Carried one at work for a couple of years now with zero problems. I use the rechargeable battery pack and one charge easily got me through multiple night shifts. I upgraded recently to the TK 21, and put my TK12 on my rifle with a switch. They have been great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have several TK-11's. The one I use for work gets several hrs per day use of constant on-off-on and gets dropped repeatedly. Damn thing is bomb-proof and blindingly bright. I'd swear it was made by aliens. </div></div>

Fenix makes a great light I also like some of Olights flashlights never had a problem with either brand.

I've had a Fenix PD30 for about a year, fantastic little light. Very very bright, waterproof, has a few extra functions like strobe/sos, and I like the diffuser accessory for use as an area light.

Fenix lights are a great bang for the buck. I've been using a P3D Premium 100 as my EDC for quite awhile. But I am looking at one of the 4Sevens lights with the Cree XM-L emitter as a replacement.

love this light used it to go swimming after my girl dropped my fishing pole in the lake works just as good under water. still going strong after 2 years as my edc great light.

I carry a Fenix PD31. Fenix lights are a great product for their price. If I was going to buy another one I'd get something with more 'throw' as the PD31 is more of a general floodlight than a spotlight, but it still works great for everyday use. The PD31 is half the size of most flashlights but at 304 lumens blows most everything else out of the water.

We ran a GB for Fenix lights a few months back and the response was overwelming. I personally own a E05, TK15, TK41 and TK70 and all of them are awesome. They are definitely the best "bang for the buck" in flashlights.

I got my dad a LD20 for father's day 2 years ago and it's a fantastic light. He's beat the crap out of it everyday as an electrician and its still going. For doing work I actually prefer the way it feels over my 2xcr123 lights. Fenix is good to go in my book.

I just picked up a TK21 and love the damn thing. 468 lumins with 4 levels of brigntness makes it handy for just about all my needs.

i work with and carry fenix ld20 all day every day.unbeatable .period

I have never heard of these before, I will have to check them out. Thankyou for the heads up

I carry a PD20 (one CR123) everyday. I put a rechargeable CR123 and it last forever. I have been carrying it for over a year and have never had a problem.

+1 for Fenix PD20..It is tiny, fits comfortably in my front pocket, and throws an excellent beam out of such a small light. It has never failed me and I never leave home without it

I'm the lead bouncer at a club and bought Fenix LD10 lights for the whole crew. They are great lights, especially for the money. I recently stepped up to a Jetbeam RRT-0 and its even better, 260 lumens on 1 CR123 with infinitely variable brightness.

Surefire has dropped the ball on innovation. Fenix has better options (as far as different battery options), longer run times, etc. I have a TK11, it is a great light. Run it with an 18650,,,
smile.gif

Surefire makes a good host for custom lights, that's about it anymore.
eek.gif

Anyone on here have one of their Fenix lights mounted up to their weapons? Id like to get another Fenix to mount on my gun for some night time coon hunting and other after dark pest control (all legally of course)

Lumens isnt a major factor just would like it to illuminate at least to 30 yards and cost less than $120

Fenix and 4Sevens are great flashlights and make less expensive than Surefire. I previously carried a Fenix, but not carry a 4Sevens Quark 123 with me all the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the noobie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone on here have one of their Fenix lights mounted up to their weapons? Id like to get another Fenix to mount on my gun for some night time coon hunting and other after dark pest control (all legally of course)

Lumens isnt a major factor just would like it to illuminate at least to 30 yards and cost less than $120 </div></div>

If you're looking for solid lights with some reach look into the Olight M20 or Jetbeam Jet III M. I have a Jet III M and it throws amazingly. The reflectors fenix uses tend to be very good at diffusing the light into an even beam but as such are much less "throwey".

I have 15-20 Fenix lights. I went through a flashlight stage a while back.
They don't make a bad light. 4Sevens are also great

I've also been using Fenix lights for several years. I have a tiny LD01 (single AAA) that's great for everyday carry. Awesome build, 85 lumens for an hour, pretty much perfect uniform white beam (thanks to regulated cree XP LED). 14 grams plus the weight of a AAA. I spent alot of time in stores and on websites like candlepowerforums.com before finding Fenix. Everything I need. Not bad for $40.
smile.gif

I've been runnng fenix lights a while now. They are bulletproof. I put away my surefires.

I have a Fenix tk40 and I absolutely love it. I love the fact that it puts out over 600 lumens and runs on AA batteries. It has several modes for lower output that I like.
I have a 3 AA maglite led that the energizer batteries corroded and stuck in the light. I want to purchase a AA light from fenix, but I'm not sure which one to get. I plan on using it for deer hunting and keeping it in my truck as a back up light.

I've been running Fenix flash lights for awhile now and have been very satisfied. They can take quite an abuse and keep going strong. One of them I've had for over a year and use several times a week at full power settings for work and finally had to change the battery last week. My dad was a BIG surefire guy and we did a head to head comparison of the equal size and lumen flashlights and the Fenix was far superior in all aspects...he now uses Fenix lights.

I had a friend tell me that thats all well and good, but stick with a SF weapon light. Just to test it out more, i've been running a Fenix as a weapon light for over a year now on one of my AR's with absolutely no signs of wear and no hickups. You can buy them with confidence.

Just got my TK12-R5 from LApolicetactical for around $30 or so on a special sale. It is a pretty nice little light. Throws out a ton of light.