• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing feral hog in NM

GhengisAhn175

Last known
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2013
Last known
UPDATES WILL BE POSTED BELOW WITH TIME STAMP

Hiders,

I'm an amateur shooter/hunter looking to get into the free feral hog hunts in the NM area. I have tried to reach out to the NM fish and game dept but its hard to get a hold of them and get decent info. It's quite comparable to pulling teeth. So I thought I'd try the actual shooters and possibly ranchers/land owners in the area and go straight to the source!

I am in the El Paso, tx area looking to travel in the NM area to shoot hogs. I am also wanting to compile in an excel form a very detailed, community driven hog data from shooters/ranchers. So if you are a shooter/rancher with info, please send it my way or post here so that I can verify and re-post the organized information.

I will be doing this for ALL OF NEW MEXICO (would only like to do new mexico since hog hunting is unregulated and theres no hassle of getting licenses or what not for other people looking to just help eradicate).

Let me know if anyone else has suggestions. Thank you guys for your time.

-James
update #1 (04 march 2014)
Hiders, I have come up with a basic spreadsheet on openoffice.org and microsoft excel but I don't know how to attach this as it states invalid file. So.. if you send me a PM I will email it to you unless someone has a suggestion for me. I am still collecting data but this is the bulk of it and would like feedback on how to make this better so that from now on people can refer to this basic spreadsheet and work on their own when they want to go "hoggin" in the great state of New Mexico.

Last edited:
James,

Looks like you are starting this from scratch, may have to do the leg work yourself. By that I mean, in the whole scope not many hogs hunted in NM. I feel like NM Game and Fish was not helpful because they really have no help to offer. They don't regulate hog hunting, don't have harvest data etc. The state Veterinarian probably keeps the closest track of the feral hog infestation. I don't know how accessible their data is or how helpful it would be but it could be worth giving them a call.

Sorry I'm not more helpful.

Hey thanks hunter, didn't think of trying them.

Yeah had the same problem.. The state complains of hogs but no one is doing anything...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Just wanted to bump this thread; been getting a lot of PM's and emails from people that I've reached out too and I've gathered some interest in this aspect, since they've hit the same stonewall as I have. So far worked up a small data pack but more to follow in the coming weeks.

If anyone else has interest or information, tag/pm me with what you have and I will collaborate it into the spreadsheet.

-James

I'll be in Midland in the next few months & will need to hunt something when I have time. Would love to hunt hogs as there aren't any in my AO.

Update #1. Please read original post and let me know if you want the spreadsheet.

Also if you know how I could attach it somehow to my original post so that I won't get endless emails for all time.