• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FFP...mil/mil...Zero Stop....Under $1000?

EchoLenix

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2012
Are there any decent scopes under $1000 that have:

1) FFP
2) mil/mil
3) Zero Stop

Looking for around 6-24
Something like the:
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50.
Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24X50 (not sure if it has zero stop)

Anyone suggest any of these?

I see the SWFA SS-HD 5-20x50 is around 1000$ now with the facebook likes promotion, although it doesnt have the zero stop.

I was also very interested in the Sightron SIII 6-24x50 but it doesnt have zero stop either.

Re: FFP...mil/mil...Zero Stop....Under $1000?

the viper is the only one i can think of. the zero stop isnt 100% accurate but its close enough.

A zero stop is ok but not that big a deal. Don't let that stop you from getting a SS 5-20. It may be the best deal going for the price.

Is the SS 5-20 a FFP scope.
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a PST 6x24 FFP. SWFA is out of stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: msflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A zero stop is ok but not that big a deal. Don't let that stop you from getting a SS 5-20. It may be the best deal going for the price.</div></div>

Yes it is FFP, there is an illuminated and non-illuminated versions

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-5-20x50-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P51642.aspx

I'd consider the Vortex PST as well, in your price range. The SS HD is also supposed to be nice and on sale. You'll have to check around for a comparison of the two.

Some minimize the value to the zero stop, but I like it. I mean, you shoot a few rounds at 100, then dial out to 300, then to 200 then to 600 then back to 300 then to something else and then try to get back to your 100 yard zero. Or worse, you have a brain fart and get to a point where you have idea of what you just did on the dial and need to get back to zero to dial back up. The zero stop takes some of the thought process out of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TonyAngel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd consider the Vortex PST as well, in your price range. The SS HD is also supposed to be nice and on sale. You'll have to check around for a comparison of the two.

Some minimize the value to the zero stop, but I like it. I mean, you shoot a few rounds at 100, then dial out to 300, then to 200 then to 600 then back to 300 then to something else and then try to get back to your 100 yard zero. Or worse, you have a brain fart and get to a point where you have idea of what you just did on the dial and need to get back to zero to dial back up. The zero stop takes some of the thought process out of it.</div></div>

The SS has 10 mil turrets so 1000 yards and 100 likely on the same turn so hard to get lost. PST has 5 mils per rev.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The SS has 10 mil turrets so 1000 yards and 100 likely on the same turn so hard to get lost. PST has 5 mils per rev. </div></div>

+1 on this, with 10 mils per rev, a zero stop is not essential.

Is it worth the extra $200-250 to go from a Sightron SIII 6-24x50 to a SWFA SS-HD 5-20x50 ?? Ive only heard great things about the Sightron, and obviously the SS-HD as well but its just barely pushing my budget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EchoLenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it worth the extra $200-250 to go from a Sightron SIII 6-24x50 to a SWFA SS-HD 5-20x50 ?? Ive only heard great things about the Sightron, and obviously the SS-HD as well but its just barely pushing my budget. </div></div>

Search and see what people think about their SIII. They seem to like them but most Love their ss 5-20. SS was made to compete against NF and Vortex Razor and most say it met those goals. Again, search. I like my SS except for a few minor ergonomic issues but to get better will cost you a lot more. You can look in the "optics for sale" section of the forum until one pops up or get in on the facebook deal and sell the ss 1-6 (hell, I'll probably buy it). You can try out what ever you want & if you don't scratch it up and want something different - exchange.
Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en

facebook offer:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3255387&page=1