• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FFP scope under $600????

petefixer

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I had my heart set on a Elite 6500 scope that went up to 30 power until I realized it wasnt a FFP. I was hoping to trade my tikka T3 stainless .22-250 for a decent scope and could add a little money if necessary. Anyone have any suggestions? I liked the 6500 because it also had a very low power setting also. Anything out there similar only in a FFP?

Re: FFP scope under $600????

bsa and falcon unless vortex has something i think. i only know because a while back people were looking for low cost mil/mil and they both came up

midway USA caries the Weaver tactical FFP mil-mil with enhanced mil-dot reticule. it is $750, but they usually have a promo code on hear for $50 off. this is a very good scope for the money. what is your reason for wanting a 30 power scope. more power is not better on cheap scopes.

Save up a little more money and get a Vortex. They are great scopes for the money, and have excellent CS.

I really dont need it to go to 30 power but would really like it to go to at least 16 and down to 4. Oh and only a side focus.

Look in the Optics FS section. I just sold a Vortex 4-16 ffp for 600, so deals can be had if you wait for the right scope.

Your probably not going to be happy with the BSA, the Weaver 3-15 is the sweet spot and a great value. Just my opinion from buying and using both

Unfortunately you get what you pay for. Under $600 you are almost wasting your money. In that price bracket I stick to proven fixed power scopes (SWFA SS, old school bulletproof reliability.

For FFP less than $600 I'd be looking for a good used Bushnell 3-12 x 44 FFP or SWFA SS 3-9 FFP unless you can find a smoking deal on a 4-16 Viper PST FFP.

The Bushnell's standard mildot reticle might not be as useful as the Viper PST but the Bushnell is a solid optic. Good glass, reliable tracking & knobs. Both my 3-12's have noticeably better glass than my 4-16 PST did (although I may have received a substandard example from Vortex.) I did prefer the turrets & reticle on the PST over the Bushnell.

Haven't used or looked through the SWFA 3-9 FFP but if it's anything like their other scopes you probably can't go wrong.

How did we ever survive without FFP??

My SFP scopes still perform fine!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: irondude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did we ever survive without FFP??

My SFP scopes still perform fine! </div></div>

The same can be said for the internet, cell phones, microwaves, fixed power scopes, and the list goes on. If there is some new tech that can make life/shooting easier, why not use it?

Now go and wait 35 mins to cook your corndog in the oven
grin.gif

Well I have a few ideas of what i want now. Once I have enough posts made I will be posting my Tikka in the for sale or trade thread and hopefully work out a good deal!

Well I picked up a Falcon a couple years ago to play with just to check out the concept of ffp and a mil/mil setup and have to admit its still chugging along pretty good. The only issue that has come up so far is that the travel at the end of the erector gets a little "imprecise". Tracking through the first 6-8mils is right on the money but then it gets a bit erratic, sometimes at the upper end you get a true mil of movement, sometimes it is between .7-1.4mils.

Like mentioned, you get what you pay for but grabbing a used falcon for $300 might be a good way of seeing what you need vs what you want. Worst case you send it back down the road for the same thing you paid for it and have some experience to guide your next selection.

+1 on the SS 3-9 FFP. Look on the sample list on SWFA, the used optics for sale section here, or buy a new one in either Mil-Dot or Mil-Quad from SWFA. May not have the magnification range you ultimatley want, but it's a hell of alot of scope for the money - $599.00 new. You can also look at the group buy and get the 3-9 kit for $599.

Now go and wait 35 mins to cook your corndog in the oven
grin.gif
[/quote]

Sounds good, I could go for a corn dog right now!

I just picked up a Weaver Tactical FFP Mil/Mil from Midway for 679.00. It has their enhanced mildot reticle and is a 3 x 15. We will see how well it does. I also have an M5 leupold 6.5x20 ffp to compare it to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboycoffee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up a Weaver Tactical FFP Mil/Mil from Midway for 679.00. It has their enhanced mildot reticle and is a 3 x 15. We will see how well it does. I also have an M5 leupold 6.5x20 ffp to compare it to. </div></div>

How'd you get that price? List is 749.99, and the best code I can find is $50 off $500 or more. thanks.

+1 on the SS 3-9. I'd rather have a reliable scope with a decent mag range than anything else in that price range.

WEaver tactical

Midway sends out a coupon for your birthday...this year I got a 10% off discount on my orders.

The Weaver comes in today and I will put it through some paces tomorrow. I will post my review on it tomorrow.