• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FFP with mil-mil

garyn_76

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2009
CA, USA
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to get a FFP mil-mil variable scope but having a hard time finding a selection to choose from. So far I've found Falcon and IOR, but is there more out there? Also trying to keep the price under $1500.

thanks

Re: FFP with mil-mil

Under $1500 ..... that's slim pickings for FFP stuff.

I'd save a few more dollars and get the NF.

You found the two under $1500 but there is also Nightforce, S&B, Premier Reticles, and USO but they are more than $1500. Cheapest would be Nightforce at around $2290 street price but it also comes with a set of rings and sunshade.

True but when spending that much why get bare bones?
wink.gif

Under $1500 only ones that come to mind are IOR and Falcon

the IOR is a great scope btw! I own one and love it!

Skylock -

Don't forget about Horus Vision!

The Horus Vision Hawk is FFP mil/mil and costs under $500. The Hawk reticle is the H-425

Horus Vision Hawk

The top of the line Horus Vision Falcon (steel tube, 11 position illuminated reticle rheostat) is FFP mil/mil and costs $1500. The Falcon reticles are either the H-25 or the ultra long range H-37.

Horus Vision Falcon

Horus Vision Reticles

From my personal experience, I would choose the HV Falcon as it is tough as nails and did everything a tactical scope should do extremely well.

FYI - I have owned both of these scopes and they have always worked flawlessly and have been outstanding!

Thank you for the links ranger1183. Lots of different reticles on the web site to choose from as well.
How would you compare the glass in the Hawk and Falcon to other makers out there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skylock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How would you compare the glass in the Hawk and Falcon to other makers out there?</div></div>

Look at the total package when analyzing scopes:

Durability
Repeatability
Ergonomics
Glass Quality
Customer Service

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rijndael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Look at the total package when analyzing scopes:

Durability
Repeatability
Ergonomics
Glass Quality
Customer Service</div></div>

Big +1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skylock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you for the links ranger1183. Lots of different reticles on the web site to choose from as well.
How would you compare the glass in the Hawk and Falcon to other makers out there? </div></div>

The glass? It's Japanese glass, as is the glass used in Nightforce scopes. It's no Schmidt and Bender, but it's not cheap glass either. I rate the glass as very good Japanese glass. That is the same rating I give Nightforce glass!

Don't let the reticle web page fool you. In the HV Hawk, there is only one reticle available and that is the H425. In the HV Falcon there are only two reticles available (both are illuminated reticles) and they are the H25 and H37 reticles.

If I had to buy one scope and $1500 was my budget, I'd buy the HV Falcon with the H25 reticle. Yes, the H37 reticle is ultra-long range, but I don't have a 2500 meter rifle. I can shoot my rifle (260 Remington) with maximum accurate range and still not use up all the reticle on the H25. Now if I was shooting a .50 cal, things would be different.

Customer Service - I have never had a problem with Horus Vision customer service. I suggest, however, that you buy through a Horus Vision dealer ("clark_k" here on the sniper's hide) to get the best of deals and customer service combined.

I have an FFP IOR the clicks are 1/2 m.o.a. I love this scope and side by side with a Nightforce when I bought it, my IOR has better glass. It has survived about 800 rds on my 300 win mag. Everything still works as advertised. Killed two nice muleys in Montana with it, not long range, 310 and 362 yds respectively. I need another scope and when I buy it, it will be another IOR and I will buy it from Scott @ Liberty. He has answered so many of my questions without me purchasing, he has earned it. My $.02

You won't be disappointed by the IOR. It is the only reason I don't own Nightforce, the glass is really superb. Another thing I like about them is the 42 mm objective. I don't like thowse big bells.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You won't be disappointed by the IOR. It is the only reason I don't own Nightforce, the glass is really superb. Another thing I like about them is the 42 mm objective. I don't like thowse big bells. </div></div>

I'll give you that, the IOR glass is superb! And the other IOR scope I owned was built like a tank. Very impressive.

However, here is the dilemma.

With the Horus Vision scope the grid reticle system is designed to be zeroed <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">ONCE</span></span>. After the scope is zeroed, the knobs <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">ARE NOT TOUCHED!</span></span> From then on, you use the grid to find your aiming point.

With IOR (and any other "standard" reticle system), you find your zero and then turn knobs to get the proper scope picture for your firing solution. Hence, with IOR (and any other "standard" reticle aiming system), how good the knobs are is of <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">CRITICAL IMPORTANCE</span></span>.

So, do you want to find your firing solution and then turn knobs to get the correct point of aim? Or do you want to find the same firing solution and then use a reticle grid system for the correct point of aim?

I like using the grid system over the knob adjustment system as there is nothing mechanically involved, no movements inside the scope that need to take place.

My Final Answer is that whether you buy the IOR scope from Scott at Liberty Optics, or you buy a Horus Vision scope from clark_k , you will get a very good product for your money from guys who will back you up!

Now all you have to do is choose .....
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You won't be disappointed by the IOR. It is the only reason I don't own Nightforce, the glass is really superb. Another thing I like about them is the 42 mm objective. I don't like thowse big bells. </div></div>

I'll give you that, the IOR glass is superb! And the other IOR scope I owned was built like a tank. Very impressive.

However, here is the dilemma.

With the Horus Vision scope the grid reticle system is designed to be zeroed <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">ONCE</span></span>. After the scope is zeroed, the knobs <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">ARE NOT TOUCHED!</span></span> From then on, you use the grid to find your aiming point.

With IOR (and any other "standard" reticle system), you find your zero and then turn knobs to get the proper scope picture for your firing solution. Hence, with IOR (and any other "standard" reticle aiming system), how good the knobs are is of <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">CRITICAL IMPORTANCE</span></span>.

So, do you want to find your firing solution and then turn knobs to get the correct point of aim? Or do you want to find the same firing solution and then use a reticle grid system for the correct point of aim?

I like using the grid system over the knob adjustment system as there is nothing mechanically involved, no movements inside the scope that need to take place.

My Final Answer is that whether you buy the IOR scope from Scott at Liberty Optics, or you buy a Horus Vision scope from clark_k , you will get a very good product for your money from guys who will back you up!

Now all you have to do is choose .....
confused.gif

</div></div>

+1 on all of that!