• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report FGMM 175 on Game

fe1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2006
East Texas
Would anyone know what the effects would be on deer sized Game and wild hogs using FGMM 168 and 175gr. ammo?
Thanks,fe1

Re: FGMM 175 on Game

Oh God. Do you know what youve done?

I've probably opened a BIG can of mixed opinions. I done a test today on a mix of old telephone books and old magazines and had about 8" of penetration, a lot of fragmintation, about 60%-70% of the jacket in one piece and a total of 103 gr.of component that I recovered shot from 50 yds. I was curious if it would have about the same effect on game.

Skip the SMK's and go straight to the Berger VLD's. Everyone knows Match Bullets are the best for hunting, yes, even better than Barnes
grin.gif

WN Sits back with arms crossed waiting...................
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fe1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I done a test today on a mix of old telephone books and old magazines and had about 8" of penetration, a lot of framintation, about 60%-70% of the jacket in one piece and a total of 103 gr.of </div></div>

Those pesky phone books can be hard to cleanly kill, even with an SMK

The only way to take down a phonebook humanely is to stalk to within a few paces...then ass-shoot it.

I was molested by a phone book once. Now, I shit rectangularly. Its awful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, I shit rectangularly. Its awful. </div></div>

Awful impressive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was molested by a phone book once. Now, I shit rectangularly. Its awful. </div></div>

i've read some pretty funny posts on this site but that takes the cake
laugh.gif

Happy to help man. Otherwise...

CKA wouldve goaded someone into making an ass of themselves. Greg would have given another very short and concise answer. Shankster wouldve posted a disturbing pic. LL wouldnt have had his DD214 in his wallet like he's supposed to. Wil wouldve told someone to shut up. EHG wouldve said "fuck" a lot. JLM wouldve ended up ass shooting a family pet to prove a point. Humble wouldve posted a Merkel pic that was new and exciting. Jasonk would have warned 858 to behave. 858 wouldntve behaved. ChadTRG42 wouldve actually responded to the question like a civilized human being, just to make the rest of us look bad. And, finally, 7 pages later, we'd still be at the same damned disagreement.

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Happy to help man. Otherwise...

CKA wouldve goaded someone into making an ass of themselves. Greg would have given another very short and concise answer. Shankster wouldve posted a disturbing pic. LL wouldnt have had his DD214 in his wallet like he's supposed to. Wil wouldve told someone to shut up. EHG wouldve said "fuck" a lot. JLM wouldve ended up ass shooting a family pet to prove a point. Humble wouldve posted a Merkel pic that was new and exciting. Jasonk would have warned 858 to behave. 858 wouldntve behaved. ChadTRG42 wouldve actually responded to the question like a civilized human being, just to make the rest of us look bad. And, finally, 7 pages later, we'd still be at the same damned disagreement.
laugh.gif
</div></div>
LOL!! How true!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Happy to help man. Otherwise...

laugh.gif

</div></div>

I needed a good laugh today

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

</div></div>

LMFAO... Ain't that the fuckin' truth....

11/15/2008

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exit wound from a buck I took this morning. 175SMK at 2720fps out of AR-10T.

After realizing I shot it with a SMK I panicked because I realized I had shot it with a match round.

I rappeled down the tripod. Got commo up with Dustoff and called in my grid coordinates. Ran to the down deer and popped smoke. I began emergency medical procedures and treated the deer for a sucking chest wound and broken shoulder. Sadly he didn't make it. If only he had known it was a SMK that hit him, he would still be alive.

Funeral services will be next Friday at my smoker.

deer.jpg

only about 50 yards away from a 12' tripod. Entry was high right shoulder and exit was low left shoulder. I usualy stick them in the neck but thought, what the hell. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fe1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would anyone know what the effects would be on deer sized Game and wild hogs using FGMM 168 and 175gr. ammo?
Thanks,fe1 </div></div>

kill it....
wink.gif

Not the 308 175 matchking, but I shot one medium sized doe last year with the 7mm 175 matchking and it performed beautiful. Bullet size in-thru the heart-and golfball size or just a hair bigger coming out. Only about 100 yds. I could have just got lucky with that 1 bullet though.

this topic always gets the most interesting comments so whenever I see it pop up I have to go and read it to get a great laugh.
grin.gif

Barnes TTSX and Accubonds are hard to beat but if you have to use "the other match" bullets the AMAX is next best choice. Yes, i have killed deer with all the above bullets. I am about killing and more importantly, keeping from getting an ugly mess inside that I have to clean up and cut around
frown.gif

Love the comments keep them coming... makes me laugh and I need that sometimes.

laugh.gif

</div></div>

Than was hysterical.

Jerry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowtie4x4295</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shaggy just got a little sexier........sense of humor along with handcuffs mmmmmmmmmm</div></div>

LMAO.