• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FGMM, .308, 175 gr @ Rogers

Creedmoor sports had Lapua brass 175 grain SMK for $1.50 per round.

Shoots as good as FGMM and you have Lapua brass.
No argument from me and I do like Creedmoor Sports....good folks.

Just posted for anybody who has a burning desire for some FGMM

I do tend to like Rogers in general... but really just got waterfowl stuff in the past.

Reactions: Nik H
Trying times...I never thought I would be paying $1.5 per round for .308.

I saw an ad for 6.5 Creedmoor 140 grain Hornady white box for $70 per box on another site.....SMDH.

Reactions: Baron23
Trying times...I never thought I would be paying $1.5 per round for .308.

I saw an ad for 6.5 Creedmoor 140 grain Hornady white box for $70 per box on another site.....SMDH.
And even worse....look at this...sigh. American Whitetail for $4/round :eek:

1613330482319.png

Glad I only have to buy when I see a deal

Bought 300 rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor yesterday from Sparks for $1.8 per round. Peterson brass and 144 SMKs with excellent velocity. They will be put aside for the SH class in September unless I get some further deals by then

Glad I only have to buy when I see a deal
Hi Nik - Outstanding and I'm glad you are in that enviable position

Bought 300 rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor yesterday from Sparks for $1.8 per round.
So, I do know that Prime uses Peterson brass who are located in the Pittsburgh general area and I really sort of remember Jim from Prime telling me that Peterson also does the finished cartridge manf for Prime.

But, it appears that Peterson and Sparks are the same company (same location, etc) So I'm guessing that this is just a corporate structure thing and Peterson = Sparks = Prime's ammo manf. Peterson also makes finished ammo that they sell via Graf's. Not clear to me how all these brands line up...seems Peterson and Sparks are...maybe...kind of...the same ammo?? I do see that on Graf's, Peterson is not offering the 144 SMK...and of course anything they do offer is out of stock.

So, I'm kind of thinking that Prime and Sparks ammo is similar if not identical and it should be great shooting stuff. Be interested in how you find that 144 gr to do in your gun and, if you have shot Prime 130 gr in the past, how they compared.

I did order 3 cases from Prime before they cut off back orders and did get the email that 130 gr SMK's were temp not available to them and giving us the option of the 144 gr Sierra now, 144 gr now and still keeping your 130 gr B.O. in place for when 130 gr come back in, or waiting until July when 130 gr are promised from Sierra. I should have taken option 2 but I'm a dumb shit and decided to wait for option 3, the 130 gr in July.

There are many outside factors that could screw this up for Prime (mostly being Sierra), but I have confidence that if Jim says he will delivery by end of July, there is a very good chance that this will indeed happen.

I do have other ammo to shoot in the interim, both .308 and 6.5 CM, and I do have 2 cases of Berger 140 gr Hybrid Targets that I too am holding on to for the Mifflin clinic until I see if Prime actually delivers....gun just seems to like this Berger ammo (to the extent allowed by my def inexpert shooting LOL).

Have a great day.

Spark loads for PRIME.

They make great ammo. I have used a bunch of their stuff.

I have not used the 144 SMKs so I will shoot 50 to get some DOPE when my new AXMC barrel shows up. I have a ton of PRIME 130s, Berger 130s, etc. I will figure out what I will use when I get the new barrel and see what it likes

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron23
Prime is just a reseller... they don't make anything as far as I know. After the RUAG contract dispute they moved to Sparks for manufacturing and used Peterson Brass (same address as Sparks)

Prime is just a reseller... they don't make anything as far as I know. After the RUAG contract dispute they moved to Sparks for manufacturing and used Peterson Brass (same address as Sparks)
Absolutely agree......Prime contracts out for their manf.

It just came as a surprise to me that Peterson and Sparks are really the same company, at the exact same address, and as I said I wouldn't be surprised if this was just some beneficial corporate structure to separate Peterson the brass company and Sparks the assembled ammo manf.