• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FGMM .308 175gr for $19.99/box

Re: FGMM .308 175gr for $19.99/box

Smoking deal. Why do I reload again?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smoking deal. Why do I reload again?</div></div>

You can't. Buy the Federal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smoking deal. Why do I reload again?</div></div>

You can't. Buy the Federal </div></div>

Don't know about you, but we live in Cali, and soon can not buy ammo online. Reloading is the only option.....
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target In Sight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smoking deal. Why do I reload again?</div></div>

Don't know about you, but we live in Cali, and soon can not buy ammo online. Reloading is the only option.....
frown.gif
</div></div>

Only handgun ammo... (for now)

Great price on the FGMM!

Just grabbing some prices off Midway to include 175g Sierra Matchking, Federal 210M primers, Federal brass and 43gr of 4064 per round gets the cost of a box of 20 at $17.83. So again why do we reload? Hopefully the reduced prices and availability of factory ammo means the price of components will follow suit and get the cost of reloading back to that of about 50% of loaded ammo (I can dream). The savings I appreciate is that I have a bunch of brass which gets my cost per round with primer,powder, and bullet down to about .44/round ($8.90 for a box of 20) My .22's are getting a workout to off-set the cost of centerfire stuff.
All this to say thanks for posting the source.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target In Sight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smoking deal. Why do I reload again?</div></div>

frown.gif
</div></div>

that's no ones fault but yours. Move

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target In Sight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smoking deal. Why do I reload again?</div></div>

frown.gif
</div></div>

that's no ones fault but yours. Move </div></div>

Wish I could. Got family and a job that pays well here. So the decision is hard.

Moving isn't the solution, participating in defending our right is, and I practice it every chance I get.

wow thanks for the info and link.

A friend of mine got a bunch of the 7.62x51 stuff from palmetto and it looks like crap. Every single round is beat all to hell, If I get a chance ill take some picks. I have ordered and almost only order from Palmetto, they are great. So I know that it has to be Federal, anyone put some light on this for me?

I ordered some from them, my boxes seem to look fine. Do you have a lot #.

Does it have dents, or is it just dirty with some tarry residue. If so, it could be military contract ammo reboxed for civilian sale.

Ya it has dents and burrs on the round dirty. Just looks like surplus. Ill have my buddy get some pics and a lot number

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biggame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya it has dents and burrs on the round dirty. Just looks like surplus. Ill have my buddy get some pics and a lot number </div></div>

Did your buddy purchase the FED GMM 175 or something else from palmetto??

I just ordered a bunch of there FED GMM 175, The info on there page doesn't say anything about surplus, so if it looks like shit i will probably be sending mine back
frown.gif
i hope that is not the case and maybe there is just some sort of mix up.

K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevin7714</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biggame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya it has dents and burrs on the round dirty. Just looks like surplus. Ill have my buddy get some pics and a lot number </div></div>Did your buddy purchase the FED GMM 175 or something else from palmetto??
I just ordered a bunch of there FED GMM 175, The info on there page doesn't say anything about surplus, so if it looks like shit i will probably be sending mine back
frown.gif
K</div></div>I am curious as well, because your post states, "A friend of mine got <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">a bunch of the 7.62x51 stuff</span></span> from palmetto and it looks like crap."
-However it doesn't specify that FGMM175 is in fact what he bought?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smoking deal. Why do I reload again?</div></div>

You can't. Buy the Federal </div></div>Good call!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevin7714</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biggame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya it has dents and burrs on the round dirty. Just looks like surplus. Ill have my buddy get some pics and a lot number </div></div>Did your buddy purchase the FED GMM 175 or something else from palmetto??
frown.gif
K</div></div>I am curious as well, because your post states, "A friend of mine got <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">a bunch of the 7.62x51 stuff</span></span> from palmetto and it looks like crap."
-However it doesn't specify that FGMM175 is in fact what he bought? </div></div>

This is the stuff that he was talking about, the 7.62x51. http://palmettostatearmory.com/1596.php
That stuff was pretty crappy.

They now have .308 which is the link that I posted.

I dont remember the last time i saw FGMM that low...my buisiness is still going to South West Ammo. i wonder if we would be seeing this kind of deal without the presence of cheaper alternatives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnit5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the stuff that he was talking about, the 7.62x51. http://palmettostatearmory.com/1596.php

</div></div>

Hmmm,i wonder if the 308 stuff is in that shape. i don't like the idea of getting "seconds" type ammo if it isn't advertised as so. I'm gonna be pissed if my stuff isn't like all the other FED GMM i buy. i would rather just cancel my order. anyone else have thoughts on that?
K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnit5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the stuff that he was talking about, the 7.62x51. http://palmettostatearmory.com/1596.php

</div></div> I always forget that Federal has 7.62x51 & .308 distinctions per their ammo offerings. Gracias for the clarification.

Trying to get a pic of it from him just been biz. Ill tell you that I would not buy the 7.62x51 stuff, I even told him to send it back but hes going to try it.

I reload just to piss off my wife with a bunch of stuff she don't understand yet is sure she hates!!! OH and to control quality while saving money!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Booty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the difference between 7.62x51 and the regular .308?

</div></div>

http://www.6mmbr.com/308Win.html

Scroll down about 3/4 of the page. It has a good explination.