• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing field and stream rut report

thejim2

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2012
new york, USA
does anybody have any opinions or expiriences with using this...is it worth decicidng to hunt or not in the morning based on whats reported on the website?

Re: field and stream rut report

I'll answer this. I've shot my 2nd best buck on the worst day of the moon phase and the weather was quite warm. Been in the woods on the best days for deer movement and saw nothing but damn tree rats. Best times/days to hunt is ANY free time you have... PERIOD.

Definitely agree the best time to hunt is when you can. I do follow moon charts and they have been very good for me as far as times of major movements. As an example I may get in a tree at 10:00 vs before daybreak. But, when the rut is on, I ignore it all and hunt as much as I can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll answer this. I've shot my 2nd best buck on the worst day of the moon phase and the weather was quite warm. Been in the woods on the best days for deer movement and saw nothing but damn tree rats. Best times/days to hunt is ANY free time you have... PERIOD. </div></div>

This. My dad always said "you can't kill one sitting on the couch".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LeviSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll answer this. I've shot my 2nd best buck on the worst day of the moon phase and the weather was quite warm. Been in the woods on the best days for deer movement and saw nothing but damn tree rats. Best times/days to hunt is ANY free time you have... PERIOD. </div></div>

This. My dad always said "you can't kill one sitting on the couch". </div></div>

+1
Hunt when I can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll answer this. I've shot my 2nd best buck on the worst day of the moon phase and the weather was quite warm. Been in the woods on the best days for deer movement and saw nothing but damn tree rats. Best times/days to hunt is ANY free time you have... PERIOD. </div></div>

I agree with this. It never hurts to look at moon charts but dont live by them. Hunt every chance you get.

It is like anything that deals with odds. The more you are out, the more you will see. I have seen fewer deer when there is a full moon, but it does not mean I see no deer.

This. I shot my buck this year during one of the reported good days but I assume it's just coincidence.

I've never heard of any male species letting the moon phase keep them from chasing poontang at any time of day. Suggest you get in the treestand unless your chasing poontang.