• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft Field Rifle

Re: Field Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you were big into outdoors camping and recreation and practically lived your life outside all the time, what all purpose rifle would you use? Anything from occasional plinking to killing animals for food to whatever.

Thank you,

Heath </div></div>

One thing that has not been mentioned for the above scenario is the value of stainless/ aluminum or high quality coated firearms if you are in non- controlled environments for the long term

Being in more of an urban area my weapon of choice would be my 15-22. It's fairly light weight (about 4 lbs) plus I can take it apart and pack it in a backpack. If there were ever a Katrina-esk situation most people wouldn't know it's only a .22.

My AO is the southeastern US. Out of season, I carry a cheap Marlin Model 60 .22lr with a old Redfield 4X and a Glock 30 on the side. I like the AR m4 but draws too much attention when you run into another party in the woods.

Of course in season I carry a Browning A-Bolt Medallion in .270WSM with a Leupold VXIII... Gets the job done...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mackay Sagebrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the .22 category, depending on ifI want to roll with optics, or without, I have two that I enjoy. Both are Marlins.

Hands down. My favorite rifle of all time is my Marlin Mountie.

dec2006212.jpg

Though for an inexpensive, yet amazingly accurate rifle, I have found the 795 Marlin to be a real sleeper. In fact I bought two. I put a 4x K4 Weaver onone and put a set of Tech Sights on this one. It is a tack driver.

013-4.jpg

021-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

The rifle is extremely light, rocksolid reliable and I paid a whopping $95 bucks for it after Marlin's $20 mail in rebate. Of course the Tech sights were extra.

Heck of a good small game gun.

Those are my "go to" guns. </div></div>

I love my Marlin 39a centry. that gun hits whatever I aim at almost 100%

20 years ago I would have said my Win 94 in 44 mag but recently I discovered 6.8SPC and man this is my go to gun for all types of stuff.

16" carbine with 1.5-5 MK4

Good from 5feet to 500 yards and knocks anything around here dink in dirt with on round.

Throw an 5.56 upper on ruck and some ammo and you ahve long range varminter as well

I also have the '94AE 44Mag, and I think it could serve the basic purpose nicely.

If I were contemplating skirmishes, no one firearm serves well. I'd really prefer a fireteam approach, and seek one precision rifle and one semi shotgun as part of that mix.

Few wage war as individuals; and fewer do it successfully.

Greg

Same as a few others, 10/22. Based on the effectivness of .22 and quantity of ammunition for weight.

OOOOO!!
Sagebrush, you have a woodburning Caldera "Clone" stove in the background! Light and highly efficient. I have the Caldera Cone Sidewinder woodburning stove. Love it for backpacking where wood fires are permitted. No fuel to carry.

My "All-Purpose" weapons:
1. Steyr-AUG 5.56
2. Savage 99C .308 lever action
3. Ruger 96/22 .22 magnum
4. Benelli M1 shotgun 12 ga. W/ rifled choke & 5 other chokes

"Special Purpose"
1. Browning Stainless Stalker A-Bolt .300 WM
2. H-S Precision target rifle .300 WM

But ONE gun? That's difficult. Probably the Benelli M1. (But I love my litle Ruger 96/22 in .22 mag.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: capacitor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Mackay,

Could you please give us all the details on this fine looking AR? Have not been an AR guy but this one might just change that.
thanks.

Cap. </div></div>

That rifle is drooled over on every forum Mackay Hits.

In a perfect ($$$$$$$$) world, a drilling in 12x12x22lr.

EduardKettnerDrilling1.jpg

Otherwise, probably My 223 Tikka t3 stainless.

BMT