• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fight UFC 116

Re: Fight UFC 116

I thought he was covering up pretty good. I was rooting for Carwin, but have to hand it to Lesnar for surviving that.

I'll bet Velasquez is chomping at the bit to get in there with him after seeing that....he wont punch himself out like Carwin did.

All in all I thought the card was pretty good..

If Brock studies the film an improves, he will only get better.
It would have been easy to stay fetal and let it end but he found a warriors spitit and stayed alive to win in rd 2.
Just how tight do you think that hog can squeeze a neck anyway?

I'm impressed with Lesnar's will to win. Those weren't easy punches he was taking on the ground from Carwin. The fact that he came back in round 2 and put that choke on Carwin shows that Lesnar's the real deal, that he's more than just a publicity stunt. Man, I know I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a Lesnar punch or choke.

I thought the fights were actually pretty good. I really enjoyed both the Leben fight and the Bonner fight. Lots of action in both.

Lesnar is a beast i wasn't rooting for anybody i just wanted to see a good fight not a first round knoockout. I give him mad props though because Carwin smoked him in the first round.

I am far from in perfect conditioning but how does a professional fighter fighting for the title gas like Carwin did? He did not look like he wanted any part of the second round and his guard was pitiful.

Did he not work off his back at all or was he just that gassed?

He was gassed. It takes a lot of energy to move muscles that big. He pretty much just punched himself out.

Yep, it was. I think his average fight time until last night was one minute, eight seconds.

Carwin should not have gone to the ground with Lesnar when he had him hurt. Should have stood him up and kept knocking him down. I used to not care for Leben, but I changed my mind about 3 fights ago. Just when you think he's gonna go down, he comes out swingin' and connecting. Same with Bonnar. Great fights last night.

I agree Carwin should have stayed on his feet. I think that if he would have let Lesnar up he could have dropped him again. I was really hoping that Carwin would have continued his winning streak, but I guess all good things must come to an end.

I definitely think that if that hadn't been such a big name fight card, that the ref would have stopped that in the first round.....I've seen too many fights where they're stopped if all the fighter does is cover up & not fight back. Lesnar must have been punched 20 or 30 times & all he did was cover up & roll over. But, ya gotta give it too him....he survived a beating & came back strong to get the win.......I think Carwin can win the rematch........he is the better striker & will probably keep standing.....

I'm glad the fight wasn't called in the 1st, but I agree, I've seen so many other fights get called for less than that. I can just imagine Lesnar's response when he was on top doing the beating, "My turn!" All the fights were pretty good in this one.
I was happy we were able to see it on AFN here!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I definitely think that if that hadn't been such a big name fight card, that the ref would have stopped that in the first round.....I've seen too many fights where they're stopped if all the fighter does is cover up & not fight back. Lesnar must have been punched 20 or 30 times & all he did was cover up & roll over. But, ya gotta give it too him....he survived a beating & came back strong to get the win.......I think Carwin can win the rematch........he is the better striker & will probably keep standing..... </div></div>