• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Figured I'd share

wallace11bravo

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2010
Lincoln, NE
www.mwts-training.com
I've had this rifle for about 3 weeks now. I bought it piece by piece and have put about 250 rounds through it and am very happy with how it came out.

Stock Remmy .308 SPS (Sporter Barrel #4ish)
Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x 50, mil/mil ZS non-HS
some cheap crappy bubble level
Badger rings, badger 20 MOA base
Jewel Trigger, tuned to 2.75lbs
Mcree precision stock
Atlas Bipods
YHM Phantom Can with TAB cover

img0096nb.jpg

I've been shooting FGMM 175 SMK @ 2565fps. Hope to be handloading soon though. I've pushed it out to just a shy under 600 meters (longest range I've found around here) and she stays well under 1 MOA if I do my part.

5 shots @ 100meters, not sure where the flyer came from, but I'll take the blame for it.

img0091vy.jpg

Exbal Ballistics has served me well, and seems near spot-on so far. I've been keeping a databook, and it is definetly worth the time and effort. Every time I get back from the range I find myself analyzing and comparing for a good 2 or 3 hours. I can't wait to push it out further.

I'll be duracoating the whole rig and my carbine to vltor FDE within the next few weeks, just for shits and giggles. I was nervous about hanging a can on such a light barrel, but it seems to be working out quite well. Once I shoot out this barrel I'll be getting something heavier and getting the receiver trued, but for now, it'll do.

Re: Figured I'd share

Nice! what do you think of the Mcree stock? I have one on the way, can't wait to drop my rifle in it.

Re: Figured I'd share

I am definetly a big fan. It is rock solid and reliable. I find it to be very ergonomical as my weapon of choice is a carbine, and the grip provides a very nice crossover for me.

If you do not currently fire overlength ammo, you will need to take a dremel to the bottom of your receiver and mill it out a bit. Otherwise the mcree with non-spacer plate AICS mags will allow the rounds to slide forward just enough to get caught under the receiver. Other than the obvious feeding/chambering problem this causes, it also messes up the meplats on your rounds.

It is a very easy problem to remedy, I called scott at MP just to make sure I wasn't about to do something stupid. He confirmed that I was on the right track.