• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors File paperwork or wait for E-Forms to come back?

Read all the other threads about the same question. file paper at least its in. No word beyond baseless rumors when eforms coming back online.

This is exactly what I've heard. Two things:1. Alabama ATF guy said he has heard talks that it isn't coming back on any time soon from what they have been told. 2. Two dealers have told me 8-12 weeks, and that was a week and ahalf ago. Just scuttle butt like the old timers say.
I know it's a roll of the dice but which do you think will ultimately come in faster?

My last one (paper) took just about a YEAR. :-/

--Fargo007

I paper filed. Efile is obviously better when it works, but the government doesn't exactly move quickly when fixing technology issues.

Gave up on the eforms and paper filed. The time is coming down with more agents added and dealers holding on to forms waiting. If paper filed now I predict 5-8 months wait.

You just hit it right on, 5-9months, and the averages gradually slipping toward 5. Paper file my man, don't depend on Uncle Sam.

Paper file it. More inspectors getting spun up, overtime has been approved, and wait times are steadily dropping. I get the feeling it will be quite some time before we see eFile open up for Forms 3 and 4 again.

I just got a paper form 1 back that I filed in September of last year. Took almost the exact same time as the one I submitted about 24 months ago. The latest one had one of the new examiners on it so the new guys are getting up to speed.

I just submitted two (paper obviously) for a saker762 and a ss sparrow. I have 2 liberty cans on form 3's now (mystic and infinity) and I plan to do them on paper F4s too if the e-file system isn't back up in time (I don't expect that it will be). It seems that the extra inspectors and OT should help out quite a bit. I'm hoping that by next year this process (e-file or paper) may become a more reasonable as far as wait time is concerned (now if only they would drop the tax to $5 for suppressors lol).

My form 3 came back yesterday. I had Silencer Shop paper file my form 4. Hope I end up on the shorter end of 5-9 months. I have only ever fired a suppressed 9mm glock. Have never fired a suppressed rifle. I have a 300blk and 500 rounds of subs just waiting for my Specwar 762. My dealer is a great guy and says we can go to the range whenever it shows!