• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fill up today

Re: Fill up today

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a narrow vision of the who should participate in the market. </div></div>

Perhaps I do, but the futures markets were created so that larger-scale end-users could accurately anticipate how much fuels would cost them in.... well, the future. Go figure, huh?

Airlines, shipping companies, fleet management, etc. could then set their rates ahead of the price fluctuations and stay on top of their overhead costs and remain competitive.

They were NOT created to be used as a investment vehicle for Wall Street fund managers and investment bankers who do not ever take delivery of the products they buy and sell on a daily basis.

Google "Enron Loophole" and see where it takes you... or take the blue pill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On another note - I am the guy that you reference, I drive a hand me down 20 yr old truck, tires get air when the are visibly low and vehicles get worked on when they don't start. I guess you can all blame me.
</div></div>

Ha, me too, but my wife drives a Prius so we all balance out.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The biggest problem continues to be unregulated speculation.
People who do not use fuels as an end user have no business buying and selling their futures.

Speculators get a boner when news starts talking about unrest in oil producing countries or hurricanes in the gulf. The news agencies are feeding a fear that drives up futures prices a little bit, but the greatest factor driving up the prices is the potential to make a quick and sizable profit by buying and selling in a volatile market.

The beast feeds itself.

But hey, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to, thanks to the new car.
wink.gif

428.jpg
</div></div>

Yeah but have you done the manual calculation? Trip/gallons.
My car will tell me 42-44 mpg average but it is about 40.5 mpg according to trip/gallons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Harvey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yeah but have you done the manual calculation? Trip/gallons.
My car will tell me 42-44 mpg average but it is about 40.5 mpg according to trip/gallons. </div></div>

No. Either one is fine.
My wife drives ~420 miles a week to work, plus here and there around town. I fill the 12 gallon tank on Sundays.

Paid $3.43 last night for gas because we heard it was going up to $3.59. I also bought diesel for about $3.85 or $3.90 (I forgot)per gallon . And I am in Central Ky.
....SmokeRolls