• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally, a bag just for your shorty 2.0 folders

Hasgun Willtravel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2007
Ionia County, MI
Because of the demand and PM's and emails on this project, I am offering a limited run of 10 of these, and that is all, until the end of summer.

Here is the purchase link, and it is a discounted price, of course.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: line-through">5</span> <span style="text-decoration: line-through">4</span> 2 Pre-Order Slots Left</span></span>

http://www.grtgear.com/Products/riflecases/AICS2.0/SHGB/

Please Read.

I am getting a lot of requests for these, so here is the deal.

I am going to do a run of 10 bags, starting in mid June, first come first serve. In all likely hood, based on passed group buys like this, the times run long, after the first five. To be completely upfront, you may be waiting until the end of July to begining of August (worst case scenario) for some of the last orders to come in. With the addition of my new employee, hopefully this will not be the case, but just want to be upfront about real expectations for delivery on cases that are built completely custom to your rifle. The only complaint with any of the gear that has ever left my shop is only the wait time, and that is fine with me, because the quality of work that leaves here is far more important than the amount of work that some are willing to push out the door to make a buck. With that disclaimer out of the way, here are the details.

Below is the order link. I am taking it down after 10, because the work is too much to take on all at once, and I have other products and dealers to maintain. You need to specify a couple measurements, and specify color, and thats it.

This bag is made to transport your rifle and gear. Concealable pack straps, fully padded all the way around, width suitable for the thickness of a 2.0 folder, plus your gear. Padded tie downs. The final versions will have zippered pouches on the interior for additional gear, since there is a lot of room forward of the scope. I will post some more pics with an actual rifle in the bag near the end of this weekend.

DSC00293s.JPG

DSC00300s.JPG

DSC00302s.JPG

DSC00304s.JPG

DSC00371s.JPG

Re: Finally, a bag just for your shorty 2.0 folders

Looks good. What will the price be roughly.

Very nice to see people catering to the AICS folder crowd. I like it!

That is DAMN nice work, Nick!

I understand that "custom" is the name of the game, but will you be offering any longer "standard" option cases for those of us with Long Action 2.0 stocks with somewhat longer barrels (maybe around a 37.5" internal length)?
wink.gif

I'm in!

I have 4 folding stock precision rifles, and would love to carry them folded.

Yeah, longer options would be nice.

2.0 R700 20" Barrel 31.5"
2.0 R700 24" Barrel 35.5"

Steyr SSG08 24" w/brake 39"

Will it fit 700p 26 in barrel with 2.0?

By the way, it looks great.

Looks really nice. Shame I dont have a 2.0
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deputy Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will it fit 700p 26 in barrel with 2.0?

By the way, it looks great. </div></div>

I think thats longer than 31.5" total

These will not be available until Mid June, as I am catching up on orders placed by the public. This particular bag was a one off that I had a request for, hence the concept.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PaulStafford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the GRT Gear website says LE and military only.
what's the plan here?</div></div>

This is only temporary, I am catching up on orders and building inventory to better serve everyone with in stock items. Many of the orders that I have waiting to be fulfilled are for current military personnel, as well as a handful of LE Departments around the country, so this is priority.

When these go into production, there will be several lengths available, 34" for up to 22" barrels, 38" for up to 26" barrels. Everyone else needs a regular drag bag.
grin.gif

Price will be around $235 and there will be a discreet case similar to this without MOLLE on the front, that is rectangular in shape for $175, approximately.

There will be a introduction sale in Mid June for 10 bags that will be pre-made, in OD, Multicam, and Coyote Brown. There will be a few sizes available.

If there is enough interest, I might just do pre-orders on 10 and get sizes and colors and get what you guys want, instead of what might work. To be determined, however, no more will me made until sometime after Mid June.

This looks like an awesome bag.

Here are a couple pics with my buddies 2.0. His gun is 4" longer than the particular rifle this case was made for, but zipped up fine.

DSC00312L.JPG

DSC00313L.JPG

looks great Nick, I'm sure my 20"er will fit just fine, how'd you go with the side pouches/scope cover? hopefully they wont take to long to travel all the way down here.

Cheers man, great work as expected.

Wil

Very nice.

Thanks for the pictures.

Hope this pans out, because I really do want 2.

Lee

I am getting a lot of requests for these, so here is the deal.

I am going to do a run of 10 bags, starting in mid June, first come first serve. In all likely hood, based on passed group buys like this, the times run long, after the first five. To be completely upfront, you may be waiting until the end of July to begining of August (worst case scenario) for some of the last orders to come in. With the addition of my new employee, hopefully this will not be the case, but just want to be upfront about real expectations for delivery on cases that are built completely custom to your rifle. The only complaint with any of the gear that has ever left my shop is only the wait time, and that is fine with me, because the quality of work that leaves here is far more important than the amount of work that some are willing to push out the door to make a buck. With that disclaimer out of the way, here are the details.

Below is the order link. I am taking it down after 10, because the work is too much to take on all at once, and I have other products and dealers to maintain. You need to specify a couple measurements, and specify color, and thats it.

http://www.grtgear.com/Products/riflecases/AICS2.0/SHGB/

Nice case. I hope to have my 18.5" 2.0 done by the time the cases hit the market.

Re: Finally, a bag just for your shorty 2.0 folde

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A slip for a 10.5in 1.75dia suppressor might be a nice addition. </div></div>x2

Re: Finally, a bag just for your shorty 2.0 folde

Very nice. I'd be more interested in the discreet, rectangular version you mentioned. What's the word on that?

Nick, I'm definitely in for one (1) in Olive Drab. You have the specs of my long barreled pistol. The design you came up with is fabulous and should be a perfect fit. The outer pockets would be needed for gear. I think my Meopta Spotter and small bipod should fit inside one of those outer pockets perfectly. I will try yo phone you within the next few days. PAT.

Finalized. If you can not fit a suppressor in it, it is your fault. I can make a pouch for a can, of course, if you must have one.

I must say, it is impressive.

DSC00371s.JPG

DSC00374s.JPG

DSC00376s.JPG

DSC00377s.JPG

When you say "Length from Top turret grip" on the order page, do you mean from the top of your elevation turret to the bottom of the butt of the rifle when folded? The "height" of the rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cluebat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you say "Length from Top turret grip" on the order page, do you mean from the top of your elevation turret to the bottom of the butt of the rifle when folded? The "height" of the rifle? </div></div>

That is what I took it to mean.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cluebat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you say "Length from Top turret grip" on the order page, do you mean from the top of your elevation turret to the bottom of the butt of the rifle when folded? The "height" of the rifle? </div></div>

That is what I took it to mean. </div></div>

Thanks. Did you also measure to the actual hinge, or the bottom bit of the stock that juts out an inch further than the actual hinge?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I measured to the bottom of the stock. </div></div>

I meant for the overall length, not the height of the rifle.

Duh, sorry.

I measured the complete length, including the stock that sticks out.

laugh.gif
Thanks. I've got a dragbag for my rifle that's great and all, but it's gigantic, and sort of defeats the purpose of having a folder. This bag looks great, if I can get past the price I'll be ordering one this weekend.
smile.gif

honestly I'm so damn stoked with this bag, not only is it a perfect fit for my 20" foldy, but it should also just drop into a pelican case for future air travel (no need to mess around with foam inserts) a major added bonus!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cluebat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you say "Length from Top turret grip" on the order page, do you mean from the top of your elevation turret to the bottom of the butt of the rifle when folded? The "height" of the rifle? </div></div>

If it helps, the measurements I gave Nick for the above bag were for a 20" 700 fitted with medium Mk4 rings and Mk4 LRT 40mm scope. It ended up with just enough room to allow the scope to keep its cover on for a snug fit (as shown above), just a small point, but if I ordered another one I'd most likely ask him to move the rear internal strap forward an inch or two.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the tip, I mentioned it in the comments when I placed my order just now.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance you could do one in ATACS?</div></div>

Chiller,

Just for you, I made the call and have the information I need to get this material, so if you wanted it, I will order some out for you.

This pattern will also be available in all GRT Gear products around Mid July-August.

Nick

Awesome. I might have to call to order. I'm very interested. How long to ship to CA?

Where do we stand on this, still waiting on 2 orders? Let's get this done people!