• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally bought a Savage Model 10-TR!

Nutro

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 15, 2011
Austin, Texas
I think I paid about $100 more than I should have but oh well. I wanted a decent out of the box rifle and I think this will fit the bill. My suppressor will be here in 8 months so this works out well.

The rifle comes with a scope rail and I have a new PST 6-24FFP I can use on it. I already bought a threaded Savage bolt handle from a Hide member and I'm ordering the Surgeon tactical handle for it this weekend.

I need a stock pack (Probably will go for the Triad) and a nice bipod and I think I am set. I'm excited.

well done, you won't be disappointed. When you are ready for a change, a $300 barrel will get you whatever you want with in the action length.

I am a firm believer in savage accuracy. and i love the fact that i only see my gunsmith every couple years.

Hmmm this is my first bolt action. If this is an accustock how hard is it to replace the barrel?

Its very simple to replace the barrel (accustock doesnt make a difference). there are several great threads that explain the tools needed (both purchased tools, and home made ones). That said, i have never had a savage button rifled barrel dissapoint out of the box. give it a shot before you go out and replace it.

Where'd ya find it?

Replacing the 10TR's barrel is slightly more of a PITA because of the smooth nut..but its nothing a barrel vise and a pipe wrench can't take care of. You'd replace it with a standard notched nut anyway...

I think I paid about $100 more than I should have but oh well. I wanted a decent out of the box rifle and I think this will fit the bill. My suppressor will be here in 8 months so this works out well.

The rifle comes with a scope rail and I have a new PST 6-24FFP I can use on it. I already bought a threaded Savage bolt handle from a Hide member and I'm ordering the Surgeon tactical handle for it this weekend.

I need a stock pack (Probably will go for the Triad) and a nice bipod and I think I am set. I'm excited.
Nutro,
Off subject but... I see you're in Austin. I just spent some time in Georgetown and really like the Hill Country, the town and the people I met. I Might relocate from NM in the near future. Where do you all shoot long range in that area close by? Are there regular Tac Matches close by?
Back to the TR. A buddy of mine just bought a TR after turning over two Rem LTR's that wouldn't shoot MOA. His TR is 1/2MOA. Savages, out of the box, shooooot!!!

One more question. Which 10 round mags will fit this rifle? I saw one company selling a 10 rounder for $100 I think. I was hoping to find something for less.

I guess I didn't get the last one lol. You wont need the bolt handle unless you don't like the behemoth that's on it. BTW chances are it won't come with the rail. Single call to savage and they ship you one for free

I guess I didn't get the last one lol. You wont need the bolt handle unless you don't like the behemoth that's on it. BTW chances are it won't come with the rail. Single call to savage and they ship you one for free

Man, I THINK I actually got the last one in the Country. They got 1 in and sold it on Gunbroker then they got 4 of them in and sold 3. She sat one aside for me and I took 2 days to think about spending that much on it and I finally gave up when every Distributor and Specialty gun store said "Yeah right, good luck finding that one" so I gave in and paid for it yesterday.

I looked for weeks before I found mine. And 1.5 hrs away. Pretty much begged to put it aside and showed up at opening to get it. But I got it. Just waitinf on my scooe tracking number to show. And pick out rings

Sharp Shooter Supply offers a 9rd magazine, and Darkeagle Custom offers a 10rd. I own 3 of the latter and have run around 200rds thru them to date. Good luck with your 10TR, I really like mine. :)

Until we actually see some pics... you didn't get one!!

DK

Haha It will be here Wednesday. It's hard enough waiting. I just want to shoot the damn thing. Oh and I emailed you about something my dad and I are looking for.

Daniel

My buddy and I just got our 24" TR's yesterday. I was searching for 2 weeks, found plenty of 10P's but at $520-620. If anyone is LE PM me and I can tell you where you might find them. The dealer is limiting them to LE only.

This will be the perfect big brother to my FVSR tacticool, just need a 30cal suppressor!

Haha It will be here Wednesday. It's hard enough waiting. I just want to shoot the damn thing. Oh and I emailed you about something my dad and I are looking for.

Daniel

I hope I didn't miss the email, but I don't recall a specific one. You can just PM me here if you like. Thanks!!

DK