• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Finally did it

mlw332

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2011
Mississippi
Went today and paid for an AAC 762SD now the long wait begins but hopefully it will be worth it

Re: Finally did it

Tell me why you went with the SD and not the SDN-6? Cost?

in stock vs not in stock......
a friend had issues when he ordered an aac that was not in stock... took almost a year for them to ship it. and quite honestly i only had first hand experience with the sd so that made me want something i was familiar with

Understood. I haven't really decided which one to go with yet but I'll be putting in my order here in the next few days... Just curious. Thanks for the feedback.

congratulations on the purchase..im two weeks in to my wait..ive kinda already forgot about it which is good. the only time i really think about it is when i get on here! hah
what kind of rifle(s) is it intended for?

it will go on a 308 that mark gordon is building (which i try to forget about so i dont get anxious) and also a 556 and 300aac

Suppressors are so cool. I think you will enjoy shooting a ton more dude.

My total wait time was 7 months 3 yrs ago on my 1st can, buddy of mine just recieved his can monday after 13 month total wait time. However, it is well worth the wait!

ATF cashed the check as of this morning.... so now i guess the real waiting game begins

I spoke with my dealer on this as I just ordered my first suppressor. I told him I was expecting about a 6 month wait and he said a local guy just his around 3 months. I still expect 6 for mine though. Everything takes longer with me.

I went to pick up a sparrow today, paperwork was sent off Aug 5, so it took just under 6 months. While I was there I spotted an sdn-6 for $750, that's the lowest price I've seen so I went ahead and bought it. Maybe I will have it by July.

Six months is the new three months with all things NFA.

Three years ago it took 37 days door to door for a form 4 in 2012 and I hear the foreseeable future, 6 months will be the usual, trust or not.

My dealer quoted me 3 to 6 months. Having dealt with fed background checks before, this seems very "optimistic".