• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally scoped the LWRC SPR.

WVshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2012
NC
Picked up a razor HD 1-6 JM on here recently from another hide member. Threw it on the old LWRC and got a good 200 yard zero on it today and I'm pretty pleased with this rifle. Until I got this scope I had only kept a red dot on it and shot it in a training class, a match, and just fooling around at the range.

I shot some American eagle 55gr. And PMC 55gr. both of which were pretty worthless but I was kind of surprised at how well it shot with Atlanta Arms 77gr. match ammo and Winchester 69gr. match. At 100 yards it was all sub 1" with the best groups being about .750 and .850. (55gr. stuff was all like 3-4") and at 200 yards it was about 2.25-2.5". Oh yeah and 14.7" barrel.

The scope is great. The glass is just awesome and the illumination works great in daylight. Makes me want to sell my SS 5-20 and get one of the new Gen 2 Razor 4-27's for my 5r. Anyway nothing revolutionary here but thought I'd share after a fun range day.

Obligatory gun picture:

How is your cheek weld? It looks pretty low? Mine is higher, but is very comfortable for me.

PS: Scope is not bent the picture is distorted.

Attachments

• WARNE ULTRA LIGHT 1%22RINGS 1 .JPG
    WARNE ULTRA LIGHT 1%22RINGS 1 .JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Heights a little low but it does give me a solid cheek weld. I could put on a higher mount but I'd probably just be floating up off the stock a little.

I also have the LWRC M6A2 SPR. One thing I did that greatly improved my groups was to install the Geissele SSA-E trigger. I have a V V PST FFP 4-16X50 scope on mine.

Same trigger in this one. This is a different lower I was building for a three gun rifle. Recoil is still a little stout and it is way over gassed. I may try the Vltor A5 recoil system on the original lower and see if that softens it up some.