• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Finally, the BIG 50!

Savage 212

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
Abingdon Va
Finally got the 50 done. My Slug gun ran out at 750y so I upgraded. Mcillan Tac 50 repeater. Mcmillan Big Mac stock, brake and Lilja barrel. I had Vestal`s Custom Rifles build this for me as they done a super job on my 338 Norma I spoke on here about sometime back.
bmg2.jpg

bmg1.jpg

Re: Finally, the BIG 50!

Nice rifle!

I think you should push the range of this as the same way you did with your slugs, what about 3000m+?
smile.gif

Yea that should just about do it lol, gotta start off a little shorter range though, don't want to stress that new Lilja!

Nice rifle bud! I just picked up a Serbu BFG-50A for myself! They really do put a smile on your face!

Damn Big Guy,
She turned out REAL NICE !!!
Maybe one day I'll get me one of them together!

Hey RobertB, ol longslugger never hit 750yds with the slug gun, but he threw dirt on it several times. I believe the target was only about 10" in diameter. He hit 633yds consistently.

OK - so it appears you have not shot it yet....

Word of advice - that USO 5-25 has VERY short eye relief. If you do not vignette the image significantly, you are going to have one extremely sore and bloody face the first time you touch that thing off.

Have had a pair of the same rifle you have there and almost every variant of USO BTW so not just speculating here. We run the ST-10 and it has just barely enough eye relief, it being the longest eye relief scope in their lineup. People still get tagged with it if not careful.

I'm a big fan of the McM repeater. They make very nice rifles. As I like to say, the biggest problem with them is the large pile of brass that accumulates off their right side
wink.gif
. Very pleasant shooters.