• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Finally zeroing in on a 30 cal Suppressor:

michael sr.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2008
Omaha, Nebraska
Finally, financially zeroing in on a 30 cal suppressor...

Gonna be threaded; I have bolt actions and Armalite 308's...

Your thoughts:

1) A 30 cal mag and down to 308...?

2) Which one quiet's factory ammo best?

3) Take apart to clean?

4) Can't taken apart and try to clean..???

5) Steel?

6) Stainlss?

7) Titanium?

-----------------------------

Seems to me 3 & 4 are very subjective....!!!

Any and all help is greatly appreciated...

Re: Finally zeroing in on a 30 cal Suppressor:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beltloop[MikeSr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">]

Your thoughts:

1) A 30 cal mag and down to 308...?

TIGERSHARK

2) Which one quiet's factory ammo best?

???but a TIGERSHARK is pretty quiet

3) Take apart to clean?

It's nice but not required, adaptibility is what you need, again TIGERSHARK

4) Can't taken apart and try to clean..???

TIGERSHARK

5) Steel?

Too heavy on the end makes your gun a bitch to shoot in positions

6) Stainlss?

Same as Steel

7) Titanium?

TIGERSHARK, light, quiet, adaptible, claenable, and 737Shark is a member here

-----------------------------

Seems to me 3 & 4 are very subjective....!!!

Any and all help is greatly appreciated...

</div></div>

I have a standard Shark (no magnums) and couldn't be happier, cannot tell you how many times people have commented on how quiet it is.
Agree they're a bit spendy, if you want Ti + light and magnum rated check out SAS's Ti can, made w 6/4 Ti, and less than 8 bills.

I have a YHM Phantom .308. I use it on my 300WM and everything down to 5.56. It works just fine, never need ear pro. Not very expensive either.

No reason not to believe the 300-SD will be a very good can, but don't even consider it an option until it is in a dealer's hand. There are many good options readily available and no need to ever go over about 18oz.

And no one mentions the cyclone?

holding that along with the YHM phantom there is no comparison, the YHM is a brick.

The cyclone is what I had in mind when I said 18oz. instead of 14.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Atomic Lab Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not consider the upcoming AAC 300-SD can? </div></div>

you are really dead set on this can..... have you heard one? or test fired one?
How do you know its going to be everything you anticipate?

There are other options out there that offer excellent versatility and sound reduction.

Check out Thunder Beast Armament Corporation. Titanium, light and quiet.

KYshooter338,

to answer your questions:

1. yes, I am really dead set on considering the can. Call it irrational exhuberance, yes, I admit it. Three were ordered at SHOT SHOW and I am keeping one for myself. One of my customers is taking the second and I hope its all its cracked up to be. We have a 3rd one that is not spoken for but i expect to have it sold shortly. so yes, I am betting my money that its as pimptastic as I thought it was at SHOT SHOW.

2. No, I have not heard one. Big problem. I agree. However, AAC has done a good job with their cans inteh past (the one exception being the prodigy fiasco).

3. I readily admit the element of irrational exuberance as to my anticipation of how well it will perform. I agree that you guys should wait to invest the money until it is in the dealers hands. However it is something to consider as it is going to be coming to market this year and may be most of what it is cracked up to be.

Now what do I base my admittedly irrantional exhuberance on?

I have had good luck with aAC in the .30 cal arena. 762SDs, Cyclones, and SCAR-H SD and they have performed in the manner that I and the customers have expected. The Gemtech HVT and Ops Inc have also sounded good at a reasonable weight. Even the Yankee Hill 762 Phantom performed adequaltely with the exception of the weight issue and frankly I prefer other mounting systems, but that is a personal choice. I like the weight o fhte can and the fact that it can be used on a .300 win mag.

I am eagerly awaiting the opportunity to listen to the cans next to each other.

And yes, as i said, the 300SD is one option of many and frankly its one of the most expensive options to consider.

you have to try and hear...Elite Iron. I had them build one of their SEAR cans for my Armalite SASS and it is amazing! i get about a 4 inch high POI shift with the can on which is dead nuts at 300yrds and it is repeatable. Good cans and very well made.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did someone mention a Tiger Shark!! Big +1!
</div></div>

+2 on the tiger shark

IMHO

For a .30 cal solution I would go with a sealed Ti can.
(Shouldn't have to ever take apart a rifle can due to the high operating pressures.)

I have had good experience with SRT Arms.
http://www.srtarms.com/
I also know of several competitive shooters that swear by them.
Two members that I can think of off the top of my head are ROB01 & csicyberspace.

SRT shadow XL TI very good, YHM phantom 762 very good, Gemtech HVT very good, Elite Iron very good, AAC... eh I will find out shortly when i place my next 30 cal suppressor order.