• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally!

ScottWatkins

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2011
Oxford, MS
After saving my clams, I got all my stuff piled up and put together.
Remington VLS in .308 and a Bushnell 4200 6-24. EGW 20 MOA base and Weaver 6 hole rings with a Harris bipod to prop it up. Now I have to save up more money for reloading components. Hopefully I'll be shooting about the time it cools off outside. I'll get pics up in the morning. Can't do it from my phone.

Re: Finally!

Well, I thought I could put a pic in, but can't.
If you want to see it, I can email them to ya. It's nothing special at all, but I'm pleased with it.

Congrats. The VLS is a sweet rifle. I use a VLS in .204 Ruger for prairie dog hunting. I've bedded it, tuned the trigger, and worked up a hand load for it and its turned out to be an honest 1/4 MOA shooter. Good luck working up a load, I'm sure something good will come from it!

If your VLS is like mine before I switched stocks there is a pressure point on the barrel at the front of the stock. You need to lose that. I switched to a B&C stock, and running my reloads my 700 varmint shoots just under 1 MOA at 200 yds.

Personally I like the look if wood and I may get around to sanding out that pressure point and bedding my rifle back in the stock.

Congrats, they are great rifles!

I've had two, a .223 & .308 in years past and a good friend has one in 6mm rem. All have been proven shooters for us and they look good to boot.

If I weren't into taci-cool sticks I'd be having me some laminated goodness. I bet you'll be pleased.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigMoneyGrip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where would I start looking for another stock? I want one like it came with, I have a few ideas. </div></div>

Is it the beavertail non-checkered brownish one?