• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finding a smith to inlet a Savage for DBM

johnnymenudo

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2002
I have a 20 year old Savage 10FP in 308 that I modified heavily and did a Bell and Carlson Medalist that was also modified heavily. I always thought it was a decent shooter, but recently came to realize that it is a tack driver and probably the most consistent and accurate rifle I shoot. It is a top feed and I want to start shooting PRS with it and that is a problem. CDI is closed so I cannot get one of their DBMs or installation. I found Atlasworx in Australia that has exactly what I need. Does anyone know of a stock builder or smith who would inlet for one of these DBMs? I have done a lot of searching and it seems that Stockade stocks might install their own, but it does not look flush fit. I gather that not many want to work on a Savage. Thanks!

Are you opposed to simply mounting it in a chassis? I built a cheap PRS starter rig with a Savage 110 and MDT Chassis. It shoots better than I can.

Savage also offers their "tactical" stock with a detachable box magazine at a lower price point.

Are you opposed to simply mounting it in a chassis? I built a cheap PRS starter rig with a Savage 110 and MDT Chassis. It shoots better than I can.

Savage also offers their "tactical" stock with a detachable box magazine at a lower price point.
Not opposed, but I modified this stock I have myself, and I am absolutely happy with it, except the lack of magazine feed.

Not opposed, but I modified this stock I have myself, and I am absolutely happy with it, except the lack of magazine feed

I was lucky enough to get one of the last CDI bottom metals. They sure do work well for the Savages if you like the traditional style stocks.

Reactions: johnnymenudo