• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report Finding Shadow?

G

So I went back to the old days, this morning. Took a plain 8.5X11 sheet of paper an placed it at 100yds, set both scopes to lowest power an shot one 5 rd group with each. Groups were not near as good as when using a true aimimg point, but I'll come back to that.

The 20" with a 2.5x8x36 Leupold was about 2" low an 2" left, the 22" with a 3.2X17X44 SN-3 was about 1" high an 2"right. Both guns are Remington 700 .308's. The 22" has a std Factory LTR stock, while the other has a H/S PST-081. Kept working both cheek pieces,(never moved scope knobs) until the groups were center'd.

Believe I was getting shadow before, but did not know how bad it was, as I was concentrating on the aiming spot an reticle more.

Thoughts?

Re: Finding Shadow?

Doesnt that indicate that your parallax wasnt set correctly? The Leupold doesnt have a parallax adjustment though so it should be factory set a specific distance. The SN-3 does doesnt it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Move the scopes to set the eye relief better... </div></div>
I thought I had them set correctly for the compromise of all powers, an positions, but it's no problem to recheck.

Moved the 22" scope, no joy. Set it back for a compromise when on different powers. Moved the cast around, which corrected the R/L an also changed the cheek piece spacing to correct the U/D. It's now within 1/4" of ctr,...the other benefit, groups are much smaller now on plain paper w/o a aiming spot. Now on to the 20", then shoot both at distance w/aiming spots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: farmsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have some parlex dust u sprinkle on your scope that i can sell you </div></div>
I'm a little retarded, how about you come show me how to sprinkle that dust?