• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors fingerprint cards question form 1's

maccrazy2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2009
10 minutes S. W. of denver
Hey everyone. I just got my package from the atf with 3 sets of form1's and citizenship forms. but only 2 fingerprint cards. In the past I did 2 form 4 transfers at the same time and had to send 2 fingerprint cards for each of the 2 transfers. Has something changed or did they just forget 4 fingerprint cards? Thanks Chris.

Re: fingerprint cards question form 1's

why would you need 4 fingerprint cards?

three forms means 1 for local leo, 1 for the feds, and 1 for you. Correct?

you dont need fingerprint cards of yourself do you?

If you read the OP to say "3 <span style="font-weight: bold">sets</span> of form1's and citizenship forms", that implies <span style="font-weight: bold">3 forms 1</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">3 citizenship forms</span>, requiring a total of <span style="font-weight: bold">6 fingerprint cards</span>. As far as I know, nothing has changed. You still need two fingerprint cards per form 1 or form 4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, I will get them at the police station then.</div></div> make sure they are the correct FBI cards with the West Virginia address on them. Just ask for them again on ATF's website. I did the other day and had them at my house within two days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you read the OP to say "3 <span style="font-weight: bold">sets</span> of form1's and citizenship forms", that implies <span style="font-weight: bold">3 forms 1</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">3 citizenship forms</span>, requiring a total of <span style="font-weight: bold">6 fingerprint cards</span>. As far as I know, nothing has changed. You still need two fingerprint cards per form 1 or form 4.

</div></div>

If they are <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">all sent in together</span></span></span>, why would you need 6 fingerprint cards? They all go to the same examiner. I think you would only need the two, I could be wrong though.
confused.gif

Although I don't remember it clearly. I'm pretty sure when I did two form 4's together, I only sent two FP cards in for them. Ask your local dealer to be sure. I emailed mine, I'll edit when I hear back.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coyote223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you read the OP to say "3 <span style="font-weight: bold">sets</span> of form1's and citizenship forms", that implies <span style="font-weight: bold">3 forms 1</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">3 citizenship forms</span>, requiring a total of <span style="font-weight: bold">6 fingerprint cards</span>. As far as I know, nothing has changed. You still need two fingerprint cards per form 1 or form 4.

</div></div>

If they are <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">all sent in together</span></span></span>, why would you need 6 fingerprint cards? They all go to the same examiner. I think you would only need the two, I could be wrong though.
confused.gif

Although I don't remember it clearly. I'm pretty sure when I did two form 4's together, I only sent two FP cards in for them. Ask your local dealer to be sure. I emailed mine, I'll edit when I hear back.
smile.gif
</div></div>
Notice the OP said nothing about sending them in together or not. You asked why you would need 3 sets, with the somewhat smart-ass remark about needing a set for himself, and I plainly told you why he would need 3 sets. Besides that, when you are dealing with NFA stuff, considering the substantial wait times involved, why take a chance on a fingerprint card assumption when it costs you nothing to have the dept. print multiple copies and be SURE the first time. While they would not send your paperwork back if you set them too many, you can bet your ass if you don't send enough, THEY WILL. Why risk it?

When in doubt call the NFA Branch. Make sure you do not let them do electronic fingerprints, when I did use them a while back they sent me a letter asking for real ink fingerprints. Every examiner is different.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When in doubt call the NFA Branch.
</div></div>
Best advice in the world right there!
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make sure you do not let them do electronic fingerprints, when I did use them a while back they sent me a letter asking for real ink fingerprints. Every examiner is different. </div></div>
That's interesting... mine have all been electronic as that's all our local dept. does now. They were signed by the officer and the Sheriff, don't know that that matters... which examiner sent yours back? I did see a set that my dealer had in the store this week that came back because of some pretty trivial (in my estimations) mistakes/omissions though, so they may be getting a little more "picky" with the hiring of some new bodies there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coyote223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you read the OP to say "3 <span style="font-weight: bold">sets</span> of form1's and citizenship forms", that implies <span style="font-weight: bold">3 forms 1</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">3 citizenship forms</span>, requiring a total of <span style="font-weight: bold">6 fingerprint cards</span>. As far as I know, nothing has changed. You still need two fingerprint cards per form 1 or form 4.

</div></div>

confused.gif

smile.gif
</div></div>
Notice the OP said nothing about sending them in together or not. You asked why you would need 3 sets, with the somewhat smart-ass remark about needing a set for himself, and I plainly told you why he would need 3 sets. Besides that, when you are dealing with NFA stuff, considering the substantial wait times involved, why take a chance on a fingerprint card assumption when it costs you nothing to have the dept. print multiple copies and be SURE the first time. While they would not send your paperwork back if you set them too many, you can bet your ass if you don't send enough, THEY WILL. Why risk it? </div></div>

Nice, take it any way you like. There wasn't any "smart-ass" intended. If sent in seperately, two cards per form. Thats common knowledge,,,

Forget what I said, call the ATF. Thats the best advice,,,
whistle.gif

I will be sending them in all at once. I will call the atf and ask. I do remember calling them several years ago and was told they do not answer technical questions over the phone anymore for non FFL holders. Those had to be submitted in writing only. I would assume in this case I can get an answer. If I remember that was the firearm tecnology dept though. I was trying to get an answer about permanant supressors on a short barreled rifle, to see if it would be one stamp or two. My dealer said it used to be 1 but now it is two.
By the way, My dealer/friend passed away during the middle of my last transfer so I do not have a go to guy for questions. That is why I am asking them on here. Thanks for the answers everyone.

I have done all but 2 of my transactions via individual forms. I have used a RLT for the majority of them. You can avoid all that extra paperwork. I had mine written up by a trust lawyer. Works great and keeps me and my family protected.

I just finished the paperwork for 2 transfers. 2 fingerprint cards per transfer.