• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finicky bergara

Seen a lot of hate for bergara lately, maybe they’ve gone downhill some. I have a HMR that is just under 1moa with 4 different factory ammo types. Had it 3ish years. Never an issue but I’ve only got maybe 500 rounds thru it, doesn’t get shot much anymore.

Seen a lot of hate for bergara lately, maybe they’ve gone downhill some. I have a HMR that is just under 1moa with 4 different factory ammo types. Had it 3ish years. Never an issue but I’ve only got maybe 500 rounds thru it, doesn’t get shot much anymore.
At some point people quit caring what others think about xyz, if it works for you that is all that matters. Many are just trying to justify their choice to others.
I've had the gambit from bottom to top in the smoke pole world, and most all had their place.

At some point people quit caring what others think about xyz, if it works for you that is all that matters. Many are just trying to justify their choice to others.
I've had the gambit from bottom to top in the smoke pole world, and most all had their place.
I was simply making a point that, no they aren’t all like that and maybe mine being a bit older could’ve possibly had better qc than what they make now. No justification or approval needed, in fact mine will likely be in the px soon 😂

Some people also get emotionally invested in their choices and refuse to admit any problems.

I recently bought my third Bergara, a Sierra Wilderness 7PRC, just like the two before it (including a premier) it went back to Bergara to be fixed right out of the box because it shot like shit just like the two before. It was shooting 4” groups with all 3 types of Hornady ammo even after a 60 round break in. It also had a defective bottom metal which their “gunsmith” said was in spec either because he was too stupid to see the problem or that’s just how all of them come off the line. The bolt lug contact is the worst I’ve ever seen, and the barrel looks like a copper mine after 20 rounds.

They recrowned it and sent it back saying it’s good now with a bottom metal that was still fucked up that I fixed and was an easy fix. They also fucked up the paint in the action inlet which was a blessing in disguise as it led to me stripping it and seeing just how unevenly applied it was and very thick in many areas and ultimately convinced me to bed it.

Bergara sucks ass.

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpeg
    IMG_0754.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0755.jpeg
    IMG_0755.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 45
My bergara ridge 243 is real particular about what I feed it are they all like that?
Mine liked one factory ammo out of about 14 I tried. It shot Norma SP’s really well, everything else was 1.5” or worse.