• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finished my Mega Arms Maten LR-308

endgame

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2012
I've built a dozen or so AR15's, but this was my first precision shooter type built in .308. I had bought this rifle complete and unfired in a 16" barrel configuration with a collapsible stock. I then gutted it down to the receivers and started with new everything. I have since swapped out the gas block, added a rail section, and a vertical grip to help manage carrying it around. First out to the range I had it hitting the smack dab in the center of the bullseye. I was also getting 1/2"-3/8" groups at 100 yards which seemed effortless. I'll get some picture of a target next time out.

Here is the parts list:
Mega Arms Maten Monolithic Upper Receiver
Mega Arms Maten Lower Receiver
Criterion 22" Stainless Steel Heavy Barrel w/ Grey Finish (DPMS LR-308)(Rifle Length Gas System)
DPMS LR-308 Anodized BCG
Surefire Flash Supressor
Stock DPMS bufffer and spring
.936 DPMS gas block
Accu-Shot Atlas Bipod and Monopod
Magpul AR10 PRS Buttstock
Magpul MOE Pistol Grip
Timney 4lbs. Drop In Trigger
Battle Arms Ambi Safety Selector
Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 4.5-14x50mm M1 Mil-Dot
American Defense QD Recon Mount
Magpul 20 round PMAG
Spector Sling
KNS Anti Walk Pin Kit
Dueck Defense 45 Degree Offset Sights
Probably forgetting something...

I have since swapped out the gas block and buffer/spring for the JP Enterprise adjustable gas block and their captured silent spring buffer, added a rail section, and a vertical grip to help manage carrying it around after this picture was taken. I'm also in the works of setting up a gun trust to outfit it was a Surefire silencer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats pretty sweet. How do you like the american defense mount? Im waiting for my mega upper and lower to get here so i can build mine.

Looks very nice, I'm jealous, I've been trying to find a MATEN lower since November.

I wish I had gotten on the ball and ordered the monolithic upper/lower combo before they became extinct. I waited out the new design and now I'm stuck waiting on an upper. That's a beautiful rifle you have sir. Give us the range report!

Nice! I like the surefire RTS sights as well. If you've spent time int the past on A2 sights, it seems effortless to rotate pistol grip to the right and shoot. I really like that upper. It just looks comfortable and not bulky.

How do you like the JP captured silent spring/buffer?

You should jump into elfster's 6 5 shot group deal.

Very Nice!! I'm curious as to what twist you decided on with that barrel. I too am jealous as that is a dream parts build.

Many Blessings,

BC

Nice rifle.... I built one using the nickel boron maten monolithic quad rail upper and ambi lower set.... Great receivers.... Liked it so much I used a mega monolithic quad rail upper/lower for my 6.8 build as well.... I wish I would half bought one more maten monolithic upper/lower set for a 338 federal build.... But atleast I got the sets I got.... They are a work of art. I used JP 18" barrel, YM chrome NM carrier, JP bolt, Syrac adjustable GB, Battle Comp BABC, JP silent captured buffer spring, UBR stock, Geissele SG3 Trigger, Hogue G10 piranha grip, Battle arms ambi safety selector, Norgon ambi mag release, phase V EBRV2, Atlas bipod, Troy Buis with nite sights and Valdada Ior 1.5-8x26 scope ... The adjustable gas block makes recoil really nice. I like the idea of the offset sights too but I think I might try the Kac version....

Last edited:
Looks nice, I'm still a while out for my MKM set. Thanks for some build ideas!