• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finished my Ruger MkIII

johnstonblake

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2010
Texas
I know it's not a rifle, but check it out!
7038649f.jpg

With jewelry:
aa49492a.jpg

Re: Finished my Ruger MkIII

What's the weight of that (minus the can)?

I've been considering that set up and wondering how it differs from the factory OEM set up.

Without the can and with the rail and sight it's 27 ounces on my digital fishing scale.

Thanks for the intel on the digital weight scale. Did you manage to do this without having to 'buy' three guns to make one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMC 308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sharp looking .</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: valise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the intel on the digital weight scale. Did you manage to do this without having to 'buy' three guns to make one?
</div></div>

I didn't buy anything extra.

I asked because I don't see a way around getting a Donor MKII / III for the bolt. The Tacticsol upper doesn't come with it, the complete lower doesn't come with it. In the end the Ruger, upper and lower all cost about the same...hence my '3 gun' comment.

Nice. I wish somebody made a more reasonably priced lower for the barrels I have left over after installing Tac-sols.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: valise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I asked because I don't see a way around getting a Donor MKII / III for the bolt. The Tacticsol upper doesn't come with it, the complete lower doesn't come with it. In the end the Ruger, upper and lower all cost about the same...hence my '3 gun' comment.

</div></div>

Volquartsen sold me the bolt to go along with everything.

I really like the look of that one. Debating building up a black one with red grips eventually.

Blake if you dont mind me asking how much did the complete frame cost you? I am wanting a new .22 pistol but figure I might as well buy a used mkIII and add the pac lite barrel.

Looks Awesome. Let us know how she shoots. I am also interested in one of the volquartsen lowers.

I built nearly that exact same pistol last year! The only difference is the grips I went with and that it's a regular 22/45 lower, not the VQ. This pic doesn't have the Burris Fast Fire II on it, but you get the gist:

20111029_211257.jpg