• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finishing my 6.5CM build this week...

The only big issue is all the fudds who buy one and talk about how “it’ll shoot over 1000 yards” but have never shot over 200. They read one article and now they have the end all be all round that’ll outshoot anyone and everyone with their mossberg mvp. More than once I’ve been told it’s the best cartridge ever invented...no, it’s not. It isn’t bad, but it’s not amazing either.

Not saying that’s Crush, it’s just the shit I always see and hear. I’m just giving crush a hard time like I do everyone.
At this point I can't get on paper at 300 so I won't be bragging about 1000 yards anytime soon. Lol.

Reactions: akmike47
At this point I can't get on paper at 300 so I won't be bragging about 1000 yards anytime soon. Lol.
I’m decent out to 800-900, wind call needs work at 1000-1100

Granted I’ve only got to shoot that far once. Normally have out to 600

6.5CM is almost as gay as KAC / LMT rifles. And that’s a close almost

• Haha
Reactions: Doc68
Ya...it's pretty ghey.....
20211011_133852.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Doc68
Actually, the longest shot on our last prairie dog shoot went to a 6.5CM at 817yds. Probably works out to 1/2 minute or less on a slightly windy day.

Hmm, yer prolly used to hearing this but.....
"Yer doing it wrong"....🤣

The only big issue is all the fudds who buy one and talk about how “it’ll shoot over 1000 yards” but have never shot over 200. They read one article and now they have the end all be all round that’ll outshoot anyone and everyone with their mossberg mvp. More than once I’ve been told it’s the best cartridge ever invented...no, it’s not. It isn’t bad, but it’s not amazing either.

Not saying that’s Crush, it’s just the shit I always see and hear. I’m just giving crush a hard time like I do everyone.
I have a 6.5 cm and love it. I am quick to say it is probably the most overrated cartridge ever. It’s great for what it is designed for. It’s relatively cheap to shoot now too, if you don’t count barrels.

I shoot out to 1200 yards on steel here taking advantage of high altitude ballistics. I don’t pretend that I want to shoot Elk at 1000 or hunt with it in Grizzly country. I am not a gamer either. I built it simply to splash steel at the range. Also it’s a backup hunting rifle should something fail on my hunting rig.

Reactions: Crush
there is nothing wrong with the round not as efficient as 6.5 x47 , but don' burn the barrel and take good care of it , it should last you a long time mine hit 7,250 rounds and up to 7,000 round I saw no changes in group size That last 250 rounds were horrible even I could see it was time to replace the barrel . And while I will not presume to have any I dea How yours will work , I will say I hope yours works as good or better than mine does it's a fun round then again they are all fun best of luck , any day at the range is a good day .

Reactions: Holliday
there is nothing wrong with the round not as efficient as 6.5 x47 , but don' burn the barrel and take good care of it , it should last you a long time mine hit 7,250 rounds and up to 7,000 round I saw no changes in group size That last 250 rounds were horrible even I could see it was time to replace the barrel . And while I will not presume to have any I dea How yours will work , I will say I hope yours works as good or better than mine does it's a fun round then again they are all fun best of luck , any day at the range is a good day .
I thought the 6.5 cm were barrel burners only good for 2500 rnds.? Sounds like I’m misinformed.

I saw a video that showed what a 6.5 looked like burnt out at 4k rounds , all my loads were not hot fastest speeds at around 2746 to 2780 fps on the high end to 2560 with some factory ammo , it could also be the barrel make I have no idea why it lasted for 7000 rounds but it did the last 250 being almost all over the target .

Last edited:
Reactions: Holliday
I saw a video that showed what a 6.5 looked like burnt out at 4k rounds , all my loads were not hot fastest speeds at around 2746 to 2780 fps on the high end to 2560 with some factory ammo , it could also be the barrel make I have no idea why it lasted for 7000 rounds but it did the last 250 being almost all over the target .
Yea hot loads are fun but costly. This time, I chose a relatively mild load to preserve brass, powder and barrel wear. 40.8 grns H4350 under 140 eld-m @2727 fps. out of 24” Criterion. Shoots bug holes at 100 yards if I do my part.

I thought the 6.5 cm were barrel burners only good for 2500 rnds.? Sounds like I’m misinformed.

That's where a vast majority of people see velocity drop and groups may open. The velocity drop is a sign that things are changing, and they can go gradually or instantly. Lots of match shooters tend to get their barrels quite hot during stages.

However, if you keep the barrel cool, shoot reasonable loads, and don't clean it with abrasives you can get far longer than the average here.