• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finishing pieces to the 260. rem Build. Muzzle Brakes?

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
My McMillan Stock should be here late next week, Benchmark Remington Varmint Contour Barrel should be here late next week as well (unless i decide Krieger last second). Jewel trigger is just waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive. My problem is all this will turn into a nice little 260. rem and haven't figured out what brake to use. Barrel length will be 26" Barrel and i was going to go with a Badger Thruster Brake but it requires a .850 dia, so was thinking JP compensater or JEC brake. What are you boys running on your Varmint contour 6.5 cal rifle

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tMLMof4P8Hk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They make slightly smaller versions and one of those options would be good for a 260.

AN

I have a thruster on a varmint contour from krieger.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410662160.202747.jpg

Installed by GAP.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tMLMof4P8Hk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They make slightly smaller versions and one of those options would be good for a 260.

AN

I considered them actually! everyone speaks so highly of them. there is so many good options out there. The JEC's and JP seem great too, and i have never heard a bad thing on the fat bastard brakes

I run JEC and have them on 3, about to be 4 rifles and I like them. I hear good things about the APA Little Bastard break but I will not do business with them as I feel they did me wrong.

Thunderbeast, cause I run a brake attach suppressor