• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finnish M28/76

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2012
Prescott, AZ
I bought this barrelled receiver almost a year ago...

I knew what direction I wanted to take her, and I knew what I wanted to do. I'm finally getting her finished up though! ;)

Here she is.

barreledaction_zpsd5b36f89.jpg

She is built on a 1900 Tula receiver. She has a 27" long barrel that slugs at .3082" from groove to groove, and .2990" from land to land. The barrel shank is stamped ASEV1 which means this match barrel was torqued on in 1977. There is also 3600 stamped into the barrel shank, which means the Finns proofed her to 3600 bar (52,201 psi).

28-76_zps1d244451.jpg

She has a two stage M27 trigger, which I will keep.

trigger_zpsa6316baf.jpg

Her cocking peice is modded so that the safety can be engaged with the rear aperture istalled

cockingpiece_zps8d51c194.jpg

This is a good thing... With keeping the M27 trigger, I can use the originnal safety even with a base installed.

I was originnaly planning on building my own stock for her.

stock_zps2ee2edf4.jpg

However, I've been working with Mike to make a modified Viper stock. Mosin-Nagant Stocks - Mosin Nagant Stocks, Custom Gunstocks for your Mosin Nagant The stock will 'hide' the magazine... but will have lines similiar to a Tikka 595. I'll still finish it with a two tone (tan/green) tiger stripe pattern though.

Here is a close-up of the action. I'm going to leave her pretty much as is...

action_zpsda2d506f.jpg

I did however modify the bolt handle. I cut a wedge shaped piece out of the bend, folded it over, and welded the two pieces together. I also ground down the ball and installed a badger ordnance tactical knob.

BADGER_zps3fe573a5.jpg

The overall length, and location of the knob is now very similiar to an RSI bent bolt.

I'm going to install an RSI base on this rifle...

RSIBASE_zps6f6ddeeb.jpg

As you can see, the holes are not drilled. This is because I'll be using the existing hole pattern in the receiver. The front hole is far enough forward to be over the barrel threads... and istead of drilling a new hole, I'm going to spin off the barrel, and open up the existing holes.

Once the two holes have been opened up, I'll re-tap them, and then use a mill to drill corresponding holes in the base. I'll install, shim, and boresight before drilling the rear hole. Ultimately I'll bed the base with 20-30 MOA of cant.

I'm planning on shooting 200 grain berger's, and have purchased a whole new die set with the .308" expander, 200 virgin PPU cases, and 16 lbs of IMR 4350.

Here is a picture showing the new bolt handle/knob with an RSI one for comparison.

bolts_zps2fa02605.jpg

Here is a pic showing the bolt in the action.

BOhandle_zpsaef18024.jpg

I think the location, sweep, and length will be good... I can't wait for the stock to come in, and I can start putting her together!!

I originally ordered a 10X Falcon mil/mil to go on her... however, I might replace that with a 4-16X Vortex Viper PST.

Falcon_zps09e1ebdc.jpg

I opened up the existing holes in the front receiver ring, and tapped them 10-32 for the RSI screws. As you can see the forward hole is over the barrel threads.

Last edited:
spacing_zps5c4e062a.jpg

Here is a stock RSI base for comparison... Mine on the top, and a regular base on the bottom.

bases_zpsd96b3326.jpg

I then installed the base and shimmed it until I had quite a bit of positive cant to it. Using some high school trig, and a scientific calculator, I believe I have almost .5 a degree (30 MOA) of a converging angle between the base and the centerline of the bore.

boresighting_zps96bbf549.jpg

I then drilled the rear hole... marking the center on the left side of the stripper stack.

rearhole_zps74424349.jpg

Last edited:
I then D&Ted the receiver.

DampTing_zps5eefe102.jpg

Once everything was koshur, I bedded the base with my old standby... JB Weld.

sbbedding_zpse2afae67.jpg

I used kiwi neutral shoe polish for release agent, and using a syringe filled with JB Weld, I filled the gap between the lightening cut in the receiver, and the base.

filling_zpsba781c99.jpg

Everything came out great!! Here is the base...

bedded_zps5e0e1010.jpg

Here is a picture showing the safety engaged...

safety_zps12766e1a.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the whole thing assembled W/ the bolt. You can see there is a noticable cant to the base.

cant_zps52ea8726.jpg

I've been in contact with Mike over at BigGorillaGunWorks, and my stock should be on the way shortly.

Untill then, I'm going to duracoat the metal O.D. Green...

Last edited:
I got the stock in... a huge thank you goes out to Mike over at big gorilla for trying something new!!

Here are several angles of the stock.

lefts_zpse97de951.jpg

top_zpsd8f814c2.jpg

rights_zpsb76a9994.jpg

I did a little bit of work on the stock, contouring the pistol grip to fit my hand... and added the texture that I'm sure you guys noticed. ;)

I really like some texture on the contact points of the weapon... it helps especially when hands are sweaty, or gloves are worn.

This was done with JB weld epoxy... though just about any epoxy can be made to work.

First mask off the area you want to do... then put a THIN layer of epoxy over the area.

JBweld_zps9b736498.jpg

In this case I used JB weld. LEt it sit for a while... in this case I let it sit for approximately 20 min. You want to work it before it sets up.

All you do to 'work' it is 'pad' it with a tongue depressor, or other piece of flat material.

raising_zpsd1d140b0.jpg

This will raise the epoxy in a pretty repeatable pattern. Now, you can make the texture more aggressive by working it as it sets up more... but you HAVE to take the tape off before the epoxy fully sets.

Here is the finished texture...

texture_zps8b9f98ef.jpg

Once it is done, and the epoxy is set... you can feather it using sandpaper, or a mildly abrasive wheel on your dremel. You can also knock it down a little with sandpaper if it is too aggressive, or take the epoxy completely off and start over.

Now, this stock isn't done yet... I'll be doing the underside, and up the sides of the forend today. Once that is finished, I'll do some feathering around the edges, and seal the stock in prep of painting...

If one wanted to, I'm sure you could finish a laminated stock after this is done. JB weld is pretty grey... but perhaps paint it, or use some dye/other epoxy to get a nice black contrast.

All I've got left after the forend has been textured is to paint the stock, pillar and glass bed... then I should have some pictures up for you guys of the finished rifle!!

Here are some updated pictures...

I textured the forend...

photo_zpsccf9f595.jpg

Here's one after I inletted for the bolt...

M2876_zps71f045bb.jpg

I really like the Badger bolt with this set up. You can see it clears the stock, and doesn't protrude too much...

bolt_zps21802a5c.jpg

Here is a close up of the action/receiver...

2_zps07937db5.jpg

Here is an overall picture...

overall_zps75d37909.jpg

I think she is quite sexy... I LOVE her lines!!

Here are some updated pictures...

I think she is quite sexy... I LOVE her lines!!

T,

Awesome work; I can only wish for that kind of knowledge but can for sure appreciate your work. How long did it took you for the all project?
Looking forward to see range report; how do you like the 4-16x Vortex Viper PST?

wow! that turned out great. well done!

Thanks!! It's not quite done... still need to finish the stock and metal, but she's almost there. Then on to the good stuff!!

T,

Awesome work; I can only wish for that kind of knowledge but can for sure appreciate your work. How long did it took you for the all project?
Looking forward to see range report; how do you like the 4-16x Vortex Viper PST?

Thanks Ivan! It's been in the works for over a year... but actual work, probably less than 12 hrs total.

I'm definitely going to enjoy posting a range report. Hopefully soon... and I'll definitely let you know what I think of that scope once I've played around with it a little.

That is just incredible. Hope my son doesn't see this post. Lol

Thank you sir!!

If your son does happen to see this thread, I'd be pushing him to do the work. ;-)

oh he will with a little help. he saw this one and the attempt at a mile with an original mosin sniper. might be no saving him.

The stock is done...

Prep.

prep_zpsd31b9f5b.jpg

Painted.

painted_zpsed822694.jpg

Left side...

lside_zps34238111.jpg

Right side...

rside_zps00141c4e.jpg

Maybe a week or so to let the duracoat cure... then assemble her and go have some fun!!

I loaded up some 185 grain Bergers (those were the only 'heavy' .30 cal bullets I could readily find). They look like miniature missiles!

762x53R_zpse1f0b911.jpg

I've got the rifle put together... just waiting on the stock pack, and I'll post some pictures!!

I can't wait to go shoot her!

Beautiful!

I picked up a 28/76 some time back. My first handloads through the rifle (no surplus for this barrel!) had no trouble hitting 1 MOA with a sling and the Finn peeps. They knew what they were doing with these rifles, you won't be disappointed!

I loaded up some 185 grain Bergers (those were the only 'heavy' .30 cal bullets I could readily find). They look like miniature missiles!

762x53R_zpse1f0b911.jpg

I've got the rifle put together... just waiting on the stock pack, and I'll post some pictures!!

I can't wait to go shoot her!

Go ahead, make my day! ;)

13088063.jpg

Here's my version of Mosin.. :) Does good with self-loaded 155gr. berger, under 0,5MOA

The layout paper for the paint work -- is that sticky on on one side? I have a roll of Micky's Sticky from Eastwood Auto supplies. Is this like what you used for your stencil?

Thanks for the kind words, T...incredible build- esp the paint job!
Enjoyed working on the new design for you- just sorry it took so long...
Going to mod the grip area on the pattern stock as you did, and get your new design available shortly. The epoxy stippling is a great idea!
Can't wait for the range report! I only wish I'd bought an M28/76 back when they were $500 or less- and available!

Crazy as this sounds, for anyone reading this that might be interested in a stock...please note on the site that I'm slammed and awaiting new equipment...lead times are getting longer and likely every bit of a month and a half.

Beautiful!

I picked up a 28/76 some time back. My first handloads through the rifle (no surplus for this barrel!) had no trouble hitting 1 MOA with a sling and the Finn peeps. They knew what they were doing with these rifles, you won't be disappointed!

Thanks!! I'm hoping for good things out of her...

Go ahead, make my day! ;)

I hope these pictures make your day Ivan... ;-)

Here's my version of Mosin.. :) Does good with self-loaded 155gr. berger, under 0,5MOA

That is Beautiful!!

What scope base is that??

The layout paper for the paint work -- is that sticky on on one side? I have a roll of Micky's Sticky from Eastwood Auto supplies. Is this like what you used for your stencil?

It's good to see you over here shep!!

I used pre-made stencils from here... Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce That Mickey's Sticky looks pretty similiar.

Thanks for the kind words, T...incredible build- esp the paint job!
Enjoyed working on the new design for you- just sorry it took so long...
Going to mod the grip area on the pattern stock as you did, and get your new design available shortly. The epoxy stippling is a great idea!
Can't wait for the range report! I only wish I'd bought an M28/76 back when they were $500 or less- and available!

Crazy as this sounds, for anyone reading this that might be interested in a stock...please note on the site that I'm slammed and awaiting new equipment...lead times are getting longer and likely every bit of a month and a half.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the kind words... I've got her together and will be taking her out on Monday.

Here are some pictures for you guys to look at!!

ASEV1_zpsf705425d.jpg

Bolt_zps8540e3e0.jpg

Action_zps1949ea32.jpg

1_zps87211d6f.jpg

A couple more...

8_zps32f59876.jpg

2_zpsf94ba127.jpg

LS_zps290c9024.jpg

LSO_zps95f5f15d.jpg

This is just a cheap Midway stock pack that I had laying around... I'm still planning on buying a Triad stock pack, but some stuff came up, and I'm out of spending money for the time being.

I'll be taking her out and doing a short load development on Monday. Hopefully finding a decent load and loading up the rest of the bullets/brass on Tuesday... Zeroing the scope on Wednesday, and shooting her on the 8th to get some data, and stretch her legs... then on the 9th for the AZPRC match.

I might have put a little too much cant on the base. We'll see if I have enough adjustment range to get a 100 yd zero w/ the Leupold. It's only got around 80 MOA total adjustment... The good thing though, is that if I can get those Bergers to 2700 fps, I can dial/hold @ 1760 yds.

Here's some stats...

Length: 47.5"
Weight: 13.7 lbs
Receiver: 1900 Tula Hex
Barrel: Finnish ASEV1 M28-76
Caliber: 7.62x53R
Bore: .3082" 1-9.5" twist

Also, I only have $500 in her (minus the scope)... Here is the breakdown.

Barreled action... $225
Stock... $170
RSI Base... $50
Blackhawk Bipod... $50

The DuraCoat, rings, stock pack, stencils, and krylon I had already...

That piece is made by metal workshop, with high picatinnyrail and low burris xtremes, its bonded with tin to action.

Here's some stats...

Length: 47.5"
Weight: 13.7 lbs
Receiver: 1900 Tula Hex
Barrel: Finnish ASEV1 M28-76
Caliber: 7.62x53R
Bore: .3082" 1-9.5" twist

Also, I only have $500 in her (minus the scope)... Here is the breakdown.

Barreled action... $225
Stock... $170
RSI Base... $50
Blackhawk Bipod... $50

The DuraCoat, rings, stock pack, stencils, and krylon I had already...

T.

Great use of $500; receiver Tula 1900 awesome, bore is tight . Never used IMR4350, only AA4350, 55gr sends 174 SMK at around 2770 in the 91/30, not that it really matters, as you are shooting an all different beast.
Good luck on Monday

That piece is made by metal workshop, with high picatinnyrail and low burris xtremes, its bonded with tin to action.

Thanks for the info!! Where are you located?? I've never seen a stock like that one you have... and am I also correct in assuming that's a TKIV barrel block??

T.

Great use of $500; receiver Tula 1900 awesome, bore is tight . Never used IMR4350, only AA4350, 55gr sends 174 SMK at around 2770 in the 91/30, not that it really matters, as you are shooting an all different beast.
Good luck on Monday

Thanks Ivan!! I'll be posting a range report shortly...

The M28/76 and M28/30 had .308 bores... One of the reasons I purchased this barrelled action was because of that fact. I have ALOT more options as far as bullets go. I've had great luck with IMR 4350 in this case, awesome accuracy and high velocities. I've honestly never tried another powder in this cartridge.

My location is Finland, so here is pretty easy to get parts for Mosin, especially those barrel blocks. Stock is also custom made by smith, from flaming birchwood, whole gun has came to cost a lot but i like the final result. :)

And sorry for my english, especially words and terms in guns are a bit unknown for me.. just registered here few days ago..

My location is Finland, so here is pretty easy to get parts for Mosin, especially those barrel blocks. Stock is also custom made by smith, from flaming birchwood, whole gun has came to cost a lot but i like the final result. :)

And sorry for my english, especially words and terms in guns are a bit unknown for me.. just registered here few days ago..

Thanks for the information and details!! And don't worry about the terms... if you need any clarification, just ask.

I did take her out today...

range_zps35723541.jpg

mat_zpsbd18c3ac.jpg

My first group was right around 1 MOA, and then after a couple groups I had two touching and one about 3/4 MOA higher. The next group they strung vertically... about 1 1/4 MOA.

I went over the whole rifle and found this.

slip_zpsc3564218.jpg

I torqued the rings down, as tight as I could get them, and made sure they were tight after every group.

Even though the rings were slipping, I was fairly impressed with this rifle. The largest group was only about 1 1/4 MOA, and the 'flyers' on two groups (and the one strung vertically) were @ 12 o'clock. This was supposed to be a load development trip... and It could have been better... however I believe I have an accuracy node around 52.5-53 grains of IMR 4350.

Here is the smallest group, 53 grains...

53_zps2060be89.jpg

The trigger is nice... but the long first stage is a trip. It took a little bit to get used to.

I've already swapped the rings out, and I'll load up the rest of my brass tomorrow. I'll head out again on Wednesday to zero, and I'll probably shoot a couple 5 shot groups...

I got a 'rough' zero... and with my elevation bottomed out, my impact was about 14.4 MOA (4 MILs) higher than my crosshairs. So I can dial 82+ MOA, and hold 32.4 MOA. I can get to a mile easy... but I'll definitely be swapping this Leupold out for something that has more adjustment range. Maybe a SWFA 3-15X.

Some 28/76s were made with M39 barrels which have a .310 bore. You have to check each one cause there are some you can shoot surplus in and some you need to reload with .308 bullets.

The base and mount on the 28/76 is the same as the Tkiv.85 or TAK85 rifle. A big difference between them is the trigger and the Torro bedding block that free floats the whole action in the stock. Sometimes the scope rings have a little variation.

Last edited:
3600 atmospheres is what the rifle was proofed for, not 3600 bar. 3600 atmospheres is 52,905 psi. Not trying to pick your post apart, just pass along correct info.

Some 28/76s were made with M39 barrels which have a .310 bore. You have to check each one cause there are some you can shoot surplus in and some you need to reload with .308 bullets.

The base and mount on the 28/76 is the same as the Tkiv.85 or TAK85 rifle. A big difference between them is the trigger and the Torro bedding block that free floats the whole action in the stock. Sometimes the scope rings have a little variation.

The first thing I did after receiving the barreled action was slug the bore... and she is indeed .308".

This barreled action lacked sights, or the mount... while aftermarket picatinny bases are available, the mounts are hard to come by. This is why I choose to open the existing holes, and adapt a RSI base.

3600 atmospheres is what the rifle was proofed for, not 3600 bar. 3600 atmospheres is 52,905 psi. Not trying to pick your post apart, just pass along correct info.

I stand corrected... when I was researching the M28/76 I ran across an article (on 7.62x54R.net, or mosinnagantrifleforums) that said the 3600 signified BAR... Though 1 BAR = 1 technical atm = 0.98692 atm (@ sea level).

I went and zeroed her today... I loaded up the rest of my brass and bullets yesterday. They are 52.5 grains of IMR 4350, with a 185 grain Berger @ an O.C.L. of 3.030".

I took one shot at 50 yds, made an adjusment, moved the target back to 100 yds, and took another shot. I made one final adjustment, and took two shots. After the relay change, I threw another face on and shot this five shot group.

1st_zps48f51ec0.jpg

On the next relay, I threw another face up and shot this 5 shot group.

2nd_zpsd41f3626.jpg

I'm happy... neither of these groups were drawn out to keep the barrel cool... I just layed down and shot them. Also this long first stage trigger is still weird, it'll take a second to get used to it.

Both those groups are strung out horizontally, and I think that's me.

I'm fairly happy though... with as little work as I put in to load developement, she shoots pretty tight. We'll see how she does this weekend!

T,
Ever measured the trigger pull weight? I know the Finn sears are different, can they compare to the Timney set at 2 lbs?

Varget's my powder for the 174 SMK (43.5) in the MN's (and 175's in the .308)...ever tried it instead of 4350?

T,
Ever measured the trigger pull weight? I know the Finn sears are different, can they compare to the Timney set at 2 lbs?

Varget's my powder for the 174 SMK (43.5) in the MN's (and 175's in the .308)...ever tried it instead of 4350?

Cannot speak for T. but there are few info, for what their are worth. Tried a Finn sear and still had to bend it slightly to get down to 3.5 lbs. Now this was for a 91/30 so could be a different model sear but I would think the modern Timney has an edge there; T. has probably better info.
10-4 on Varget, 174 SMK as well for 7.62x54r (44.6). Uses 43.5 in .308 for 175 SMK.
Never tried IMR4350 but it obviously works well; also had good results with AA4350.

I went and zeroed her today... I loaded up the rest of my brass and bullets yesterday. They are 52.5 grains of IMR 4350, with a 185 grain Berger @ an O.C.L. of 3.030".

I'm happy... neither of these groups were drawn out to keep the barrel cool... I just layed down and shot them. Also this long first stage trigger is still weird, it'll take a second to get used to it.

Both those groups are strung out horizontally, and I think that's me.

I'm fairly happy though... with as little work as I put in to load developement, she shoots pretty tight. We'll see how she does this weekend!

T.

Looks good for a first time out, especially with almost no research on LD but who's complaining ;)

I have several of the Tkiv85 barrel blocks, 2 of the unigue triggers and a complete unused stock set, scope and mounts.I also have 6 complete 28/76s.

T,

I have not measured the pull weight Mike, though just by guessing the weight is around 4 lbs... the first stage is REALLY long, I guess it's normal in European rifles... but I bet it's close to 1/2" of travel before you hit the second stage. It's different.

This isn't really just a Finn sear though it's a strictly Finnish trigger and sear... the two are pinned before installation and are not pinned to the reciever... it's kind of hard to explain, but the results are better than any stock Mosin trigger I've tried! It's the M27 trigger on this page... Mosin Nagant Triggers Seriously, once you've taken up the first stage, the second stage breaks w/ NO creep... there is a minute amount of over travel which I'm thinking could be eliminated with a set-screw in the back of the triggerguard.

I have not tried Varget in this case yet. I loved Varget in the .223... after chrono'ing these loads w/ the 185 bergers, I think I'm going to change it up. More details later in the post...

Cannot speak for T. but there are few info, for what their are worth. Tried a Finn sear and still had to bend it slightly to get down to 3.5 lbs. Now this was for a 91/30 so could be a different model sear but I would think the modern Timney has an edge there; T. has probably better info.
10-4 on Varget, 174 SMK as well for 7.62x54r (44.6). Uses 43.5 in .308 for 175 SMK.
Never tried IMR4350 but it obviously works well; also had good results with AA4350.

Ivan, the Timney is nice... but comparing the complex Timney to the simple design of the original trigger is like comparing apples to oranges.

I think you made reference previously to the velocity of that load being somewhere around 2400 fps?? Just curious as I'm going to be doing some more load development soon.

T.

Looks good for a first time out, especially with almost no research on LD but who's complaining ;)

No kidding!! :)

I have several of the Tkiv85 barrel blocks, 2 of the unigue triggers and a complete unused stock set, scope and mounts.I also have 6 complete 28/76s.

Holy batshit batman!! Where in the world did you come up with those parts??

I'm very intrigued by the TKIV 85 barrel blocks, and might try to build a Mosin utilizing one if I could find one or two here in the states.

I did take her out to the AZPRC ashfork range this past weekend... and here is an update!

On Saturday I chorno'd her... and these loads were a bit slower than I thought. I had an average of 2577 fps with the 185 grain Bergers. I punched all the relative data in to shooter and shot her on steel out to 1080... the dope was good. I didn't shoot her to a mile on Saturday as the wind was gusting, and a 1 mph wind @1760 results in a 18" change in impact.

That night I was messing around on QuickLOAD and were substituting different bullets and powders. I got 100 155 Berger hybrids, and some H100V, and some Reloader 17... I'm going to do some load testing with these, and if it all works out as planned, I should be shooting these 155's @ around 3100 fps. I'm giving up a little BC but the drop is 10 MOA less @ 1 mile and everything (drop/wind deflection) is much less inside of 1,000 yds (compared to the 185's).

We had calmer winds on Sunday, though they were switching throughout the day. I shot the match and ended up with 105... The winner had a 165 (both out of a possible 300). Though the top five (a shoot-off) had 160-225. here are the results... Last match info The mystery target ended up being the steel man @ 1460... I hit it on the 2nd shot, though I missed (though very close) both shots on the 1080 target.

The funniest thing was that my pack was missing out of the bed of the pick-up when we got to the range!! My buddies horse had taken it out and stashed it in the backhoe bucket!! So my camera, phone, iPhone adapter, tripod, rear bag, ear pro, and some other misc things were MIA on Sunday. I didn't get ANY pictures or footage, and I just skipped shooting my M28/76 at a mile. Next time... ;)

After the match a couple of us stuck around, and I managed my longest hit ever. 2365 yds, using Lelands .375 CheyTac. Actually 4 hits out of 6 shots on a 4'x4' (2 MOA) plate @ 2365!

Last edited:
I think you made reference previously to the velocity of that load being somewhere around 2400 fps?? Just curious as I'm going to be doing some more load development soon.

T.

I took a SWAG on that video when mentioning "around 2400 fps" and was off of 150 fps; later on, the chrony marked the 52.5 gr of A4350/174 SMK at around 2550 fps. In my rifle, this load is as accurate as 44.6 gr of Varget, still with the 174 SMK. I thought I did find a couple of other good loads with 55 gr of A4350 (around 2750 fps) and 55.1 gr of W760 (2780 fps) but if results were good at shorter range, longer shots gave preference to the lowest charge of 52.5 of A4350.

After the match a couple of us stuck around, and I managed my longest hit ever. 2360 yds, using Lelands .375 CheyTac. Actually 4 hits out of 6 shots on a 4'x4' (2 MOA) plate @ 2360![/QUOTE]

Congrats on your longest hits ;)

Hi there

I have noticed that quite a many of you guys are interested in the finnish made Valmet 7.62 Tkiv 85 sniper rifle (7.62 Tkiv 85 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and yes you can not buy that gun from anywhere but what you can do is build your own. So where I'm going with this is that I currently have one 7.62 Tkiv-85 stock in my hands that I could sell if someone would like to build their own Tkiv-85.

P.s I might be able to get more through my contacts.

Contact me if interested.

[email protected]TKIV-85-1.jpgTKIV-85-2.jpgTKIV-85-3.jpgTKIV-85-4.jpg

Hi there

I have noticed that quite a many of you guys are interested in the finnish made Valmet 7.62 Tkiv 85 sniper rifle (7.62 Tkiv 85 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and yes you can not buy that gun from anywhere but what you can do is build your own. So where I'm going with this is that I currently have one 7.62 Tkiv-85 stock in my hands that I could sell if someone would like to build their own Tkiv-85.

P.s I might be able to get more through my contacts.

Contact me if interested.

[email protected]View attachment 32819View attachment 32820View attachment 32821View attachment 32822

Good looking stock there. Not sure if you know that is the competition stock for the Tkiv85 as opposed to the issued sniper stock.

Good looking stock there. Not sure if you know that is the competition stock for the Tkiv85 as opposed to the issued sniper stock.

I'm trained for that rifle and I served with it so I can share a secret with you guys, the cheek and butt adjusting inserts are just plywood pieces and the issued sniper stock is made out of the competition model by cutting the butt off and drilling holes to the butt for bolts so the inserts could be used and the same goes for the cheek rest.

I'm trained for that rifle and I served with it so I can share a secret with you guys, the cheek and butt adjusting inserts are just plywood pieces and the issued sniper stock is made out of the competition model by cutting the butt off and drilling holes to the butt for bolts so the inserts could be used and the same goes for the cheek rest.

That is very good information to know sacred-sheep. What are you looking to get out of those? Also, can you name a good source for match ammo with the 7.62x54R? All I ever run into is the "spam can" which isn't really too accurate.

p.s. What do you think of Martiini Knives?

Last edited: