• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fiocchi ammo?

pepperbelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
I will hopefully be getting my new Savage to the range this weekend. I need some good commercial ammo to establish what it will do before I start handloading. That, and I don't have any ready yet.
I have a Cabela's about 7 miles from me so i will be shopping there. They usually have a good selection of ammo. I will be looking at FGGM and BH, but I noticed they also have Fiocchi. The pistol ammo Fiocchi is pretty good. How is their rifle ammo?

Jim

Re: Fiocchi ammo?

I used to use Fiocchi all the time for my SPS-V 308 (handload now). Its decent for factory and its WAY cheaper than FGGM and BH (at least in Tuscon it is).

its loaded a little shorter than the federal or blackhills i havent had alot of luck with it in my FN but im used to the federal

I may as well try some and see.
How is the brass for reloading? S&B pistol brass is hard. I can feel every one that goes into my SDB .45acp resizing die. I don't even look to check anymore. The first few times it felt like I had a .22 case in there.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I may as well try some and see.
How is the brass for reloading? S&B pistol brass is hard. I can feel every one that goes into my SDB .45acp resizing die. I don't even look to check anymore. The first few times it felt like I had a .22 case in there.

Jim </div></div>

FWIW i know a place in texas that sells federal fgmm for $26 a box...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brokefromguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I may as well try some and see.

Jim </div></div>

FWIW i know a place in texas that sells federal fgmm for $26 a box... </div></div>

Well..... Where???

i shot 2 boxes of them before out of my PAI.......both boxes were 175gr SMK.......1st box shot superb, 2nd box not so much......good for playing around with though...

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rasheed</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brokefromguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I may as well try some and see.

Jim </div></div>

FWIW i know a place in texas that sells federal fgmm for $26 a box... </div></div>

Well..... Where???

</div></div>
ammunitiontogo.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$22 a box fgmm 168 at cheaperthandirt.com. </div></div>

that is cheaper than dirt! question is, is it actually in stock?

I will go by CTD at lunch tomorrow. Their store is only about 1.5 miles from me. With Cabela's only about 7 miles away I am in a good spot here.

Jim

shot a couple boxes of the 77g 223 match ammo a while back and it grouped fine at 100 and 200. Didn't Chrono it check consistency though.

Fiocchi brass is good for reloading at least in .223. Never tried the .308, but can;t see why it would be different.
The cases are marked GFL and are thinner than LC but thicker than winchester brass in the necks. .223 isn;t hard on cases, but have had 15 or so reloads on neck sized cases without any trouble. When midway has it on sale it is almost as cheap as getting unloaded brass
smile.gif

madd0c

Shot some of the 155 grain FMJ Fiocchi through my Remington 5R at 330 yards. Did a three inch group, surprisingly. I got it to shoot hogs at close range, but getting decent accuracy is great. The 62 grain FMJ BT doesn't seem to like any of my 556 rifles much, but it's cheap and smacks hogs pretty well. The 9mm works fine. Bought all mine from DSGArms.