• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearm Nirvana

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    I know other have experienced this emotion before, but today was a first for me. To set up the situation, I was home like most other days. Surfing the web, listening to 70 Rock and just having a decent day. Power goes off for a short time, but when it comes back on, I've got no TV, no internet and even Alexis isn't talking to me. So what's a guy to do? I figure I'll get a few guns out of the safe and give them a coat of oil.

Well to my amazement, I look in one of the safes and there sitting in front like it just appeared out of no where is a 12 gauge Remington 870. The odd thing is, it's not in the correct safe. It's in my rifle safe. I grab it and go to my computer and open my inventory database.

It's not there. No new shotgun, no new 870, no new serial number. Now I'm anal when it comes to recording my firearm purchases. With that information and the fact that it was in the wrong safe, makes me sure I didn't purchase the shotgun.

So how did it get there? One of my kids? My wife? I don't know, but I'll take it.

There's no need of me asking the wife or kids, because if they did buy it for me, they would never tell me they did it.

I'm a happy husband and dad. This really made my day. BTW, the gun looks brand new, doesn't appear to be fired at all.

Last edited:
    I know other have experienced this emotion before, but today was a first for me. To set up the situation, I was home like most other days. Surfing the web, listening to 70 Rock and just have a decent day. Power goes off for a short time, but when it comes back on, I've got no TV, no internet and even Alexis isn't talking to me. So what's a guy to do? I figure I'll get a few guns out of the safe and give them a coat of oil.

Well to my amazement, I look in one of the safes and there sitting in front like it just appeared out of no where is a 12 gauge Remington 870. The odd thing is, it's not in the correct safe. It's in my rifle safe. I grab it and go to my computer and open my inventory database.

It's not there. No new shotgun, no new 870, no new serial number. Now I'm anal when it comes to recording my firearm purchases. With that information and the fact that it was in the wrong safe, makes me sure I didn't purchase the shotgun.

So how did it get there? One of my kids? My wife? I don't know, but I'll take it.

There's no need of me asking the wife or kids, because if they did buy it for me, they would never tell me they did it.

I'm a happy husband and dad. This really made my day. BTW, the gun looks brand new, doesn't appear to be fired at all.
    Better measure the barrel on that thing. It might be a setup. 🤣🤣

So that's what I did with my shotgun!

Remember when you invited me over for that Bar-B-Que that one time . . . and I brought my shotgun . . . and you put it in your safe . . . cuz it would be a good place to store it . . . and it got late . . . and you invited me to stay the night . . . but I had to go to work the next day . . . ????

Yes, I know it was a very long time ago . . . but it is all coming back to me now.

Anyway I moved to Iowa so I won't be able to just drive over and get it. If I send you my FFL's license and address would you just ship it to him?

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Looking forward to spending Christmas with you again this year. :unsure:

Whats your favorite gun?
    Whats your least favorite gun?
    What gun do you most regret selling?
    What gun could you not wait to sell?
    Firearm database
    Undocumented firearms

I'm pretty sure Bullgear is an ATF agent. You've been warned... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

So that's what I did with my shotgun!

Remember when you invited me over for that Bar-B-Que that one time . . . and I brought my shotgun . . . and you put it in your safe . . . cuz it would be a good place to store it . . . and it got late . . . and you invited me to stay the night . . . but I had to go to work the next day . . . ????

Yes, I know it was a very long time ago . . . but it is all coming back to me now.

Anyway I moved to Iowa so I won't be able to just drive over and get it. If I send you my FFL's license and address would you just ship it to him?

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Looking forward to spending Christmas with you again this year. :unsure:

Do you remember that bet we made and you lost? I'll keep the shotgun until I get that $200,000 you owe me. BTW, how's your truck?

• Haha
    Reactions: GUN NUT in IA
    If any firearm fairies are checking this thread out, I could use a sage green AI AXMC. Pretty please with sugar on top

• Haha
    Reactions: Jgunner