• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

firearms reality check

Re: firearms reality check

ugadeer:

I love it. Only problem is mental health care is really hard to get in many places. Apparently CT is one of the worst places to seek help. Education is cheep compared to incarceration later in life, and I imagine mental health care is cheep if this is the outcome of the absence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinsandpitons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Totally, and I appreciate the honesty. The unfortunate reality is that you (and I) will be punished unless we can keep better control of OUR (royal our, I loved that btw) weapons. Simple as that. Be part of the solution, or hide your head...
</div></div>

You're not getting it. I don't care what you do with your weapons. They aren't my problem. I support your right to have them, but that's really about it.

If we are about to be "punished" for a crime we didn't commit by a government that doesn't represent our best interests (snicker), then maybe it's time to find one that does.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugadeer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i've read/skimmed through most of these posts and most are very well written and at the very least make some sense....i think that there is a pretty simple way to keep these loons from shooting up innocent people. Eliminate doc/patient confidentiality in the mental health field when a patient could be potentially dangerous to the public or an individual. In almost every case over the last 4 years the said "nutjob" has voiced evil thoughts/intentions to mental health professionals or doctors. Had the docs been able to speak up and blow the whistle, at least two of these events could have been prevented all together. As always, the gun was simply the tool used by the maniac....it could've just as easily been a truck full of diesel and fertilizer or any other IED.

Its not the guns, its the mentally ill/dimented</div></div>

actually, ANY privileged conversation (doc/patient, lawyer/client, clergy)...when a danger to self or others is expressed, the "professional" has a duty to notify... make a threat and the convo is no longer protected

i was unaware of that, we also need to make it much, much easier to commit people when they're freakin psycho, it is a nightmare to actually get someone put away based on mental deficiencies/problems