• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Firearms seizure

I hope all Connecticut gun owners show up to court for the guy. Let the courts know these unlawful laws won't be tolerated.

"Toigo had shot the squirrel on his home property, but not with the unregistered assault rifle that was seized. He was charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, second-degree breach of peace, first-degree reckless endangerment, failure to register an assault rifle and three counts of possessing large-capacity magazines."

If he used a bb gun or subsonic 22, he probably wouldn't be having these issues.

"Firing a gun in the middle of a Connecticut city was not Toigo’s brightest moment."

Pretty much sums this story up, but feel free to run with it guys.

Geez. What a list of shit to tack on for one "crime". I'm glad we are moving in the other direction out here. Hey, if you Conn. folks or you folks in other states ever get tired of this shit, know that in WA we've legalized suppressors a couple years ago and we just legalized SBR's this year. Along with adult use and sale of marijuana, gay marriage, etc., and other civil liberties that don't infringe on the rights of others. Pretty good state, I haven't found a better one yet. Oh, and half or more are college educated along the I5 corridor. One of the highest education rates per capita in the US, so you also aren't surrounded by dumb people. BLM land for MILES and MILES. Good fucking wilderness land too, not just all desert, though we have big ass desert out here as well.

"Throw your unregistered assault weapons and high-capacity weapons feeding devices out the window or Nutsy here gets it!"

It isn't like there isn't any material to work with here: https://www.google.com/search?q="nutsy+squirrel"

:D

"Toigo had shot the squirrel on his home property, but not with the unregistered assault rifle that was seized. He was charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, second-degree breach of peace, first-degree reckless endangerment, failure to register an assault rifle and three counts of possessing large-capacity magazines."

If he used a bb gun or subsonic 22, he probably wouldn't be having these issues.

"Firing a gun in the middle of a Connecticut city was not Toigo’s brightest moment."

Pretty much sums this story up, but feel free to run with it guys.

Pro tip - never invite the Man into your life……..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What did he use to shoot the squirrel? It says,

"Toigo had shot the squirrel on his home property, but not with the unregistered assault rifle that was seized."

Clearly NOT the assault rifle. So, what was the firearm used? My Beeman Kodiak .25 cal air rifle is a squirrel slayer.

In some towns/ cities, it is illegal to fire anything that uses combustion or compressed gas/ air to propel an object.

That doesn't sum up the story at all...

Actually it does. No matter how much you want to make this event out to be an assault weapons seizure under this new law it's not. This retard unlawfully discharged a firearm within city limits and opened the door to having his firearms removed because he's too stupid to lawfully posses them. LE did not come knocking on his door looking for an unregistered assault weapon. They came looking for some dipshit that felt he could shoot squirrels in his yard and removed his firearms because he's a menace. If you live in Conn. and have chosen to retain an unregistered assault weapon you better expect that you'll be charged under the new law if you do stupid shit like this.

opened the door to having his firearms removed because he's too stupid to lawfully posses them. LE did not come knocking on his door looking for an unregistered assault weapon. They came looking for some dipshit that felt he could shoot squirrels in his yard and removed his firearms because he's a menace. QUOTE]

opened the door to having his firearms removed because he's too stupid to lawfully posses them. LE did not come knocking on his door looking for an unregistered assault weapon. They came looking for some dipshit that felt he could shoot squirrels in his yard and removed his firearms because he's a menace.

Okay, try it again ...

I would hope not. Guess it would come down to the Law Enforcement Officer and how much time he had on his hands......

Side story (vaguely related.....) I had a lady (a former council member who helped pass the anti-"anything that shoots" code) complain about a neighbor shooting his bow/ crossbow into a foam deer target. She was all up in arms because of the safety issues she felt were at hand. I showed up, read her the code (that she helped enact) and told her "Bows and arrows don't fit into that category". Told the guy I was sorry for bothering him while he was sighting his equipment in and left.

Luckily, my Chief at the time backed me. She dropped the issue when common sense kicked in. Now, we have neighborhood kids that play with airsoft guns. Technically, I COULD enforce the town code, but I don't. I don't see a plastic bb causing serious damage to property. Yes, I have had kids shooting bb guns and have verbally warned them. Sometimes it's Education instead of Enforcement.

EDIT: This was aimed at AHHSHOOT's post about assault spit ball cannons. Forgot to hit the Reply With Quote button.

Geez. What a list of shit to tack on for one "crime". I'm glad we are moving in the other direction out here. Hey, if you Conn. folks or you folks in other states ever get tired of this shit, know that in WA we've legalized suppressors a couple years ago and we just legalized SBR's this year. Along with adult use and sale of marijuana, gay marriage, etc., and other civil liberties that don't infringe on the rights of others. Pretty good state, I haven't found a better one yet. Oh, and half or more are college educated along the I5 corridor. One of the highest education rates per capita in the US, so you also aren't surrounded by dumb people. BLM land for MILES and MILES. Good fucking wilderness land too, not just all desert, though we have big ass desert out here as well.

SHHHHHHHHHHHH! DON'T TELL ANYONE! too many people here now!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Hey! Where is the baaaad asss militia groups on this one? No grey area here. So why don't you all deploy on this one? They are completely shitting on the 2nd Ammendment. Well?

Hey! Where is the baaaad asss militia groups on this one? No grey area here. So why don't you all deploy on this one? They are completely shitting on the 2nd Ammendment. Well?

Are you looking for a fight?

I haven't been keeping up lately on the Connecticut thing but last I heard they haven't figured out the "enforcement" part, or so they said. Guess they must have it figured out. This is pretty much how it will be, someone will bring their gun to a public range or shoot where or when they aren't supposed to or get caught with a unrelated crime and one by one they will confiscate.

The Moron breaks the law while breaking the law Hmmmmm!

This guy breaks several laws. discharging a firearm in city limits.. cruelty to animals, probably hunting out of season, probably could have been charged with endangering the public. and this is the guy to stand behind NO WAY! sweep this under the rug fast and forget this moron exists. Because he just mad the rest of you fighting for your rights in that state look bad.

He deserves what he gets

The Moron breaks the law while breaking the law Hmmmmm!

This guy breaks several laws. discharging a firearm in city limits.. cruelty to animals, probably hunting out of season, probably could have been charged with endangering the public. and this is the guy to stand behind NO WAY! sweep this under the rug fast and forget this moron exists. Because he just mad the rest of you fighting for your rights in that state look bad.

He deserves what he gets

let me try to understand you here...a man who keeps a firearm that the state law deems too scary, shoots a squirrel in the face that the state deems too cute and fuzzy, on his own property that the state deems their business to patrol. hmmmmmm?

where was the crime? where the probable cause? where are his 2nd 4th and 10th amendment rights? i would feel justice served if the man had injured anyone, or if the man had caused property damage against others. i could even see some investigation if witnesses had said the man was blatantly threatening/muzzle flagging them in some way. but what im actually reading here is a long list of charges that the man failed to comply with ridiculous unconstitutional statutes. just because those silly statutes stacked up on him doesnt make any one of them any less silly or mean he deserves to have his rights violated by tyrants and their lapdog police enforcers.

Being picked off one at a time. Who will stand up for you when it is your time to get picked off? Now that everyone else is gone.

"Give him and inch and he will take a mile..." I still hear the words coming out of my Fathers mouth... but it's a real issue when that inch is in "Power" but dont worry a mile is just the beginning.

Realistically a "Marathon to the Grave"

dear lord there is no hope for us second amendment lovers is there? Fire arms are a RIGHT! but that right comes with responsibility's and a certain level of intelligence. If your going to protest this law by not registering and not getting rid of your "SCARRY GUNS". I actually support you and your second amendment rights 100% but if your going to be stupid than you get what you deserve.

In war time when your camping a few miles from the enemy in the woods you don't light a Fire to keep warm or cook food.. They will pin point your location and drop mortars and bombs on your camp whipping you out... This MORON! lit a bond fire and than calls fowl when they drop a bomb on him.... SERIOUSLY! your going to defend that level of stupid???? If this guy had not had his AR confiscated this topic would be completely different you would be saying he was stupid so now deal with the charges. Because he got his AR confiscated due to his own level of STUPID now all the sudden its not fair.

We are at this point fighting a non violent WAR! with the anti 2A group. DONT LIGHT BOND FIRES !!!! I cant stand STUPID its going to cost us all

The assumption here is that the police are telling the truth about hearing gunfire while directing traffic. I'm dubious about. You can all now go back to believing everything you read in the press and hearing from a policemen who care nothing beyond being good automatons.

The assumption here is that the police are telling the truth about hearing gunfire while directing traffic. I'm dubious about. You can all now go back to believing everything you read in the press and hearing from a policemen who care nothing beyond being good automatons.

You think police made up the story and planted the squirrel to get his guns?

You think police made up the story and planted the squirrel to get his guns?

Would that be the most insane thing ever done??? I DO NOT think it did but in context to other pieces of reality...

EH is too smart to believe that, but since this story involves officers, he has to act like that. You see, EH was abducted by alien police officers and probed when he was younger. It was a tramatic experiance for him. Since that time, he has vowed to fight all police officers, no matter what species they come from. Revenge is his middle name, and he will get his revenge, even if he has to argue with thousands of people on the internet to do it.

I applaude his drive to destroy the horrible automatons; I have always despised their squirrel planting techniques, and their probing of young boys butts for evidence in their robot like manner. Pisses me right off!

Wait a minute... I just had an epiphany; what if the squirrel was actually a police officer who planted himself in the yard to entice the guy to shoot at him? As soon as the squirrel surveillance team spotted the rifle through the window, they initiated the attack by placing the hexadecimal code into the police robot launch program. Then the locally placed ambush bots pounced on the victim, before he could even get a shot off.

I think we are onto something here.

Wait a minute... I just had an epiphany; what if the squirrel was actually a police officer who planted himself in the yard to entice the guy to shoot at him? As soon as the squirrel surveillance team spotted the rifle through the window, they initiated the attack by placing the hexadecimal code into the police robot launch program. Then the locally placed ambush bots pounced on the victim, before he could even get a shot off.

I think we are onto something here.

Way to go asshole. Years of squirrel R&D and billions in taxpayer money down the drain. We were getting ready to begin Operation Tree Rat and you just blew the whole thing wide open.

It's called OPSEC. Learn it.

I'm sorry Vic, did I call your boyfriend a liar? Do you just fawn over men in uniform and think they can do no wrong?

Is it beyond belief that they knew the old man had unregistered guns but no probable cause to serve a warrant and so made up a story? It's not a scenario that's alien. Look at the list of charges - seems like they're going to make an example of him to try and scare the rest of the hold outs. It'll either work in which case we all lose or it'll just make the hold outs more determined and hostile towards LEO. In which case we'll get escalation.

I've been arrested and had the police give false testimony and withold evidence. I had to retain one of the top barristers in England to defend against and then appeal my conviction. My conviction was quashed but not before hitherto withheld evidence miraculously appeared at the threat of a court ordered investigation to locate it.

Enjoy your laugh, I admit the jokes are funny just wish it didn't involve the arrest of a guy who in all likelihood didn't do anything wrong in the eyes of the Constitution or 99% of the people here. Morons like you don't realize this is how things started in England and other countries which are now effectively a nanny state. It's all ' do nothing, trust the authorities' and they're shit pits because of it.

I assume you've served but I'm wondering what the hell for if you think this is all funny.

I don't understand the cruelty to animals charge. I get everything else but not that. He killed a squirrel with a gun. That's called hunting, not cruelty.

I'm sorry Vic, did I call your boyfriend a liar? Do you just fawn over men in uniform and think they can do no wrong?

Is it beyond belief that they knew the old man had unregistered guns but no probable cause to serve a warrant and so made up a story? It's not a scenario that's alien. Look at the list of charges - seems like they're going to make an example of him to try and scare the rest of the hold outs. It'll either work in which case we all lose or it'll just make the hold outs more determined and hostile towards LEO. In which case we'll get escalation.

I've been arrested and had the police give false testimony and withold evidence. I had to retain one of the top barristers in England to defend against and then appeal my conviction. My conviction was quashed but not before hitherto withheld evidence miraculously appeared at the threat of a court ordered investigation to locate it.

Enjoy your laugh, I admit the jokes are funny just wish it didn't involve the arrest of a guy who in all likelihood didn't do anything wrong in the eyes of the Constitution or 99% of the people here. Morons like you don't realize this is how things started in England and other countries which are now effectively a nanny state. It's all ' do nothing, trust the authorities' and they're shit pits because of it.

I assume you've served but I'm wondering what the hell for if you think this is all funny.

Your making a lot of assumptions here.. I'm sure that a lot of them are not correct. How do you know that this guy did not admit to having an AR during some simple questions by the officers? in that case again its the AR owners fault for being stupid.... How do you know that the officers were not invited into the mans home buy the man? There are a lot of ways that officers can get you but YOU have to be the moron that lets them get you..

Go back to sleep your not helping any thing..

A gay joke, is that all you have? In terms to your claim regarding my sexuality, sigmund freud theorised that in some cases the semiconscious mind manifests repressed desires, therefore leading me to believe that you sir are indeed the homosexual. No I'm just playing, I actually like you EH, no need to call each others sexuality into play here.

As for what I think is funny in this thread, it is the the stretch you guys are going through to try and make this whole thing seem like a bunch of crooked cops framed this guy. Looks like he shot his gun in town, which I will assume is illegal in his city. Officers show up, not sure exactly how his other guns came into play, which is not cool, but we don't have enough information to start guessing on that. Maybe those squirrel cops again, not sure, we can only assume. Then he is charged with a bunch of bullshit, which is messed up. The charges I do not find funny, once again, just your rhetoric.

A lot of talk comes from these threads, still haven't seen any action.

As for me serving, yeah I have, and I still am. If find it disheartning watching retards vote in law makers with such complete disregard for the constitution, fully knowing what my buddies died for and why I rose my hand. I also find you exagerating and sensationalizing every story that has anything to do with LEO bothersome. There are many good men you discredit based on your personal experiance with a couple people.

Sorry if my humor ruffled your jimmies.

Eli

You're a nice guy.

I didn't state anything as fact so therefore no assumptions, just conjecture. No one here has the facts. I just thought it suspicious the circumstances under which he came under police attention. If you're happy with your view, then that's wonderful.

And for your future reference it's bonfire not bond fire.

A gay joke, is that all you have? In terms to your claim regarding my sexuality, sigmund freud theorised that in some cases the semiconscious mind manifests repressed desires, therefore leading me to believe that you sir are indeed the homosexual. No I'm just playing, I actually like you EH, no need to call each others sexuality into play here.

As for what I think is funny in this thread, it is the the stretch you guys are going through to try and make this whole thing seem like a bunch of crooked cops framed this guy. Looks like he shot his gun in town, which I will assume is illegal in his city. Officers show up, not sure exactly how his other guns came into play, which is not cool, but we don't have enough information to start guessing on that. Maybe those squirrel cops again, not sure, we can only assume. Then he is charged with a bunch of bullshit, which is messed up. The charges I do not find funny, once again, just your rhetoric.

A lot of talk comes from these threads, still haven't seen any action.

As for me serving, yeah I have, and I still am. If find it disheartning watching retards vote in law makers with such complete disregard for the constitution, fully knowing what my buddies died for and why I rose my hand. I also find you exagerating and sensationalizing every story that has anything to do with LEO bothersome. There are many good men you discredit based on your personal experiance with a couple people.

Sorry if my humor ruffled your jimmies.

Vic,

I don't jump in the LE bashing bandwagon. I actually don't think there are many who bash indiscriminately. In one of the few threads I've started on LE I actually advocate (as I have before) on the need for LE and desire a model where LE and civvies do more together rather than 'us/them' that seems to be the growing trend.

I based my conjecture of what may have happened based on the fact that the old man went to the trouble of registering certain weapons but not others. This tells me he knows what's up in regards the law and his desire to only partially go along. It also can be argued that it shows some cunning to go and register thereby giving himself the veneer of being law abiding. Why then, in either case, would he wholesale act against his own interests by 1. firing within city limits within earshot of LE 2. verifying to LE that indeed it was him who fired (they didn't and couldn't know for sure because they just heard the shots) and 3. letting them into his house. That sequence of events just seems odd to me. Am I tin foil paranoid - well, it seems whatever paranoid circumstance we can conceive it's old hat to the alphabet guys... On the same note, have you read EddieO's threads? Think that shit'll never happen here? Read Maggot's thread on unlawfully convicted people.

That's about all I got to say on this. I'm going to fire up a Padron and do some damage to my liver. All the very best to everyone.

I just want to if it was age or racially motivated. Was it a gray, red, fox, black or albino squirrel? Come on now we need ALL the facts! Wait was he a US squirrel or have a visa or green card. He may have snuck over from Canada. Did they do an autopsy & was it a magic bullet that went to several major organs & out the tip of his tail, or was it Toigo that actually killed him or the guy in the storm drain or on the grassy knoll. I bet it was a setup with those squirrels in the Geico commercial high fiving each other after the crash. Those squirrels are pros!

Last edited:

Oh, my, yes, how this thread pays dividends. The image is etched in my mind, indubitably.

There is a 500 foot law for hunting from any structure or roadway in CT. Plus you need 10 acres or more to hunt with a rifle. But the lesson here is that he should not have let Johnny law see his gun collection after they showed up. Either way, the cop went way over the top with charges.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Everyone is mad at the Squirrel, the cops, or the idiot shooting squirrels.

What happened to the outrage for those who got this dope cited for a whole bunch more than taking game out of season? If we took care of that problem the issue of cops enforcing idiotic laws wouldn't be an issue. (Of course there would still be cops who take people in for no crime but there are probably less of those than dopes that shoot squirrels in their neighborhood-out of season):p

I don't understand the cruelty to animals charge. I get everything else but not that. He killed a squirrel with a gun. That's called hunting, not cruelty.

In the country it is hunting, in the city it is cruelty. One of the main reasons I am not a fan of big cities, as they grow and spread so do their ideas.

In the country it is hunting, in the city it is cruelty. One of the main reasons I am not a fan of big cities, as they grow and spread so do their ideas.

If it isn't on the aisle at the ShopRite or on the menu at Applebee's cruelty is presumed. Naturally, if the great, glorious mass of the people consume protein, how can their manner of acquisition be anything but doubleplusgood?

This retard unlawfully discharged a firearm within city limits and opened the door to having his firearms removed because he's too stupid to lawfully posses them.

Winner winner, chicken dinner!