• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First AR build is finished.* UPDATE range report*

KAman9803

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2008
Hattiesburg, MS
Well after a few months of deciding what I want then changing my mind a few times my first build is done. Started off as a Bushmaster 20" Varminter that I paid $350 for then sold everything but the upper and lower receiver to end up $200 out of pocket.

Started off as this.
20121107_172445_zps220452e1.jpg

End result
20121124_170106_zps20a30a82.jpg

The Bushnell Elite Tactical is being replaced by a 4-16 Viper PST and the muzzle break was just screwed on but I am happy with the result.

Bushmaster Upper and Lower Receiver
DPMS Mk 12 barrel
MI SS Gen 2 15" forearm
MI Lo Pro gas block
Magpul UBR
AAC Brakeout
Rock River Lower Parts kit with two stage trigger
Burris PEPR
Crappy bipod being replace by a 6-9 Harris
Bushnell Elite Tactical 2.5-16 being replaced by 4-16 Viper PST
A2 grip has been replaced by and ERGO

Re: My first AR build is finished.

Lookin' good...let us know how that DPMS Mk12 barrel shoots!

More than likely a trade in at his store.

Great build man!

Looks good, I have one very similar. Too busy/lazy to shoot it yet though, so post a range report if you get to it eh. Any contact between the gas block and forearm? Same/same on mine it only had a 1/32 maybe less clearance on the bottom and would flex enough to contact.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More than likely a trade in at his store.

Great build man! </div></div>

That's what happened. Gun was traded in absolute shit shape. Originally told the guy we wouldn't buy it but he just wanted to get rid of it. Spent half a day cleaning it and it ended up pretty good.

Nice job, looks really good.

Certainly a Behemoth...
What's it weigh now and how are you liking the UBR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beef</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good, I have one very similar. Too busy/lazy to shoot it yet though, so post a range report if you get to it eh. Any contact between the gas block and forearm? Same/same on mine it only had a 1/32 maybe less clearance on the bottom and would flex enough to contact. </div></div>

Doesn't contact normally, haven't checked it while sitting on the bipod to see if it flexes enough to touch. It's a really close fit so it's possible that it touches while on the bipod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice job, looks really good.

Certainly a Behemoth...
What's it weigh now and how are you liking the UBR? </div></div>

Haven't had a chance to weigh it yet. Definitely not light at all, but I never had intentions of building a light gun. If I had to guess I'd say 10-11 pounds.

I love the UBR. Was nervous to spend $200 on a stock I had never touched before but now that I've played with it and shot the gun a bit I love the way it feels.

Well I finally got to go out and do a little shooting with the thing today and so far so good. I shot about 200 rds of XM855 through it the other day and was not too excited about the results with groups around 3". I chocked it up to a new barrel with bulk ammo and carried on. Went out today with 69gr FGMM and 75gr Hornady Match. It seems to like the Federal. Still room for improvement as this is my first precision gas gun and I have a lot to learn. All groups done at 105yds off bipod with no rear bag.

XM855--Was kinda worried
20121215_230025_zps93205a27.jpg

75gr Hornady---all groups with this had vertical stringing
20121215_225842_zpsf3c89598.jpg

Worst Federal group---.896
20121215_225930_zps7842a850.jpg

Best Federal group---.376
20121215_225834_zps70178d97.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdh4376</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What length barrel is that ? </div></div>

18"

Nice stick..Is the Back porch still in business?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kytrapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the Back porch still in business? </div></div>

Sure is, place is usually packed everyday for lunch.