• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First AR build

Csf45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Just starting to gather parts for my first AR build. Looking to make it an SPR. I've got a set of Mega receivers, about to order a Daniel Defense LPK. I plan on a WOA SPR barrel with headspaced bolt and rifle length gas. What/where should I get as far as buffer tube assembly and bolt carrier group? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: First AR build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Csf45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just starting to gather parts for my first AR build. Looking to make it an SPR. I've got a set of Mega receivers, about to order a Daniel Defense LPK. I plan on a WOA SPR barrel with headspaced bolt and rifle length gas. What/where should I get as far as buffer tube assembly and bolt carrier group? Any help would be appreciated. </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #000099">I like the Vltor E-Mod and the Magpul UBR myself. You can get the E-Mod as a complete kit w/tube, buffer and spring, etc. If you go UBR, you'll have to get the tube, spring and buffer separate. BCG, hit Rainier Arms up for one of theirs, great value and even better guys to deal with.

Matt</span></span>

I think the UBR comes with a tube, well mine did.

The buffer and spring you have to get separate for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the UBR comes with a tube, well mine did.

The buffer and spring you have to get separate for sure. </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #000099">You're right Sir, I remember now having to get just the spring and buffer extra.</span></span>

As far as the bolt carrier group, I'd recommend Bravo Company (BCM), or Daniel Defense. Both are mil spec material, and high pressure tested and magnetic particle inspected. And of course, there is always Colt.

Since you're getting a WOA barrel and bolt why not just get the whole thing from them. My SPR runs the WOA barrel with a complete WOA BCG and it runs just fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since you're getting a WOA barrel and bolt why not just get the whole thing from them. My SPR runs the WOA barrel with a complete WOA BCG and it runs just fine. </div></div>

This is good advice, I'd forgotten that OP is getting the WOA barrel and bolt.

I went with the WOA 16, but theyre awsome!!

IMG_9252.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJPLEO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the UBR comes with a tube, well mine did.

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #000099">You're right Sir, I remember now having to get just the spring and buffer extra.</span></span> </div></div>
This is true since the UBR uses its own tube and cannot be used with any other. I also say Rainier for your barrel and BCG they are by far some of the best people and great product line!

+1 on this. I ordered nearly my whole build from Rainer Arms and they ship faster then the shop 20 minutes from my house.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJPLEO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the UBR comes with a tube, well mine did.

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #000099">You're right Sir, I remember now having to get just the spring and buffer extra.</span></span> </div></div>
This is true since the UBR uses its own tube and cannot be used with any other. I also say Rainier for your barrel and BCG they are by far some of the best people and great product line! </div></div>

Alright guys got most of my parts, the rest are on the way. The first thing I ordered was a upper receiver vise block and armorers wrench from bushmaster, yet it still has not shipped. I've sent them an email and called multiple times, but gave up after ten minutes of holding each time. Any ideas on where and what brand and where to get these items? I'm considering getting a dpms wrench and their receiver fixture even though I'm not a fan of that design. I might cancel my order with bushmaster (if i can ever get ahold of them).