• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing first bedding job...

Mc85

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2004
Indiana
ok so I started on my savage 10fcp with the mcmillan stock.I gotta admit Im a little nervous to see how it comes out.
I made the pillars myself, and I used pc 7 epoxy . I wanted to use devcon but couldn't find any around here.
I'll post pics when I get it done... provided I didn't totally screw it up ha ha.

Re: first bedding job...

yeah the pc 7 was THICK ... crap was it thick!!!! um got the barrel off without any real sticking and it looks ok for my first time. Im not super proud but Im pretty sure it will be effective at the very least. After work tomorrow I am gonna do the trimming and hope to shoot a few rounds and see if I notice a difference.

Is there any reason besides the fact pc7 isn't the most friendly to work with that u say it would of been worth waiting on the devcon for?