• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing First buck using the ELD-X’s

drglock

Old fat guy
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 13, 2012
    Morrison,Oklahoma
    In the past I’ve always used Berger VLDH’s. I had a good friend tell how much success he was having with the Hornady ELD-X I thought I’d give them a try this season.
    Buck was only 80 yards from my stand slightly quartered away from me . Shot him with my 6.5 Creedmoor using the 143gr ELD-X. Hit him just back of center shoulder and dropped him in his tracks. What really impressed me was what his lungs and heart looked like or actually the lack of them. His chest cavity was pretty much liquified jello and I could only find small chunks of his heart.
    cecfe81ded64362fd9bfccf4efe99d1d.jpg
    af3bfb26535d4e67f557e151cb8aff42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Except for the barrel, my set up looks identical!

Glad to hear you have had good results with the eld-x, we are currently HUNTING. With that round at my place in Texas, I say hunting cause the bastards pigs know exactly when I have to head back to Houston and throw a keg party at the feeder, have had them sleeping under it for hours

We have had success with the 143 ELD-X out of 6.5 creeds as well. No deer yet this year but 2 cow elk.
    I have about 30 rounds of 140 VLD Hunting left with my 6.5x284. I'm giving serious thought to the Hornadys come load time.

I used hornady bullets last year with good luck. This year I tried the 143 ELD-X, Went 4 for 4, ( 4 antelope and one mulie) ranged form about 330 to 650. All one shot kills, this was with a RAP using 41.5 gr of Win 760.
    RAO%20and%20Antelope.jpg

Nothing special about the muley, but the 143s were spectacular.

deer%20num1%2020171.jpg

I think the RAP is a highly underrated rifle. I bought mine after playing with the Wife's RPR in 6.5. I'm a Model 70 guy, after playing with the 6.5 I came up with the excuse I needed a light weight rifle for deer/antelope so I got the RAP and Im extremely pleased.

Impressed enough to buy two more, on in 204 Ruger and one in 223.

I'm gonna move to elk with the 143s, I'm convinced they would work great.

Damn nice buck. I'd love to see the entrance and exit if there is one.

Used the ELD-X on some plains game last year in 300WM and they performed very well. I was using the Swift A frame, but got hard to find in 200gr.

No exit , entry hole looked normal but inside of that it looked like a bomb went off.

lol I'll bet. Jello. No exit. Smack a shoulder/scapula hard? Just curious. I don't know anyone around my area using them but I do have a box of 212's a buddy wants to try outta his 300WM. Sounds like they perform all the way around like the Bergers? I could be grossly wrong though.

The 143 ELDX worked like a champ in my 260.
    bc19fd0ca57609762e946ada7e6872d8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk