• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Skyjunky

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
Houston, TX
First time hunting, got my first buck Saturday morning. Free-range 8 point buck. He was the first one to walk into view. A pair of does with twins were nearby as well as a spike.

He kept showing my his ass so I couldn't get a shot, then he disappeared. He came back and I got him at 80 yards with my Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD 308 - Federal Fusion 168. He went about 30 yards and then dropped.

IMG00052-20101106-1022.jpg

IMG00049-20101106-0807.jpg

IMG00046-20101106-0807.jpg

Re: First Buck

Very nice deer! You'll never forget your first! Congratulations!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLowandSlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No blaze orange in Texas? </div></div>

Not on private property. If you are on public land you must wear orange.

Nice deer.

Nice looking deer. Probably going to be good eating too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hog hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice,what part of texas were yall hunting? </div></div>

Llano. And he was good eating too. Wife made country fried backstrap.

Kept showing you his ass? You're in the founding state of the Texas Heart Shot! j/k. Nice Buck, glad to see new hunters being successful and getting hooked on the sport.