• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First build almost complete

TallZXDriver

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2010
Texas
This has been about a year long deal for me. I went shooting with a buddy using his suppressed 700 and decided it was time I start a bolt action build. I have worked security jobs almost all year so far just to build this rifle. I got the base rifle in and was going to outfit it with cheap stuff so I could shoot it but decided on the buy once cry once option to build my "dream gun". I am a patrol Deputy for the local Sheriff's Office so I knew my build wasnt going to include the most expensive things available, but after a year of lurking on here deciding exactly what I want and buying used items on here when I could my build is almost complete.

I started with a Remington 700 AAC and placed it in a XLR Chassis system after finding a used one on the hide. I decided on the Vortex PST 4-16 MRAD FFP scope with badger rings and base. I got the rings base and scope in today. Unfortunately the base is a little too long for the XLR chassis so on my next day off I am going to have to get a cutting wheel and do a little home gunsmithing on it to make it work.

Here are pictures of what I have so far. Sorry for horribly quality but I figure if I took my rifle outside where I have good lighting to take pictures the neighbors in my apartments might freak out. I cant wait to get her all together and out to the range.

IMG_0004-1.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

And a picture of my little problem.

IMG_0002-1.jpg

I realize its nothing too special but I sure am proud of it so I figured it was worth posting up. Hopefully the next step is getting a can for her.

Re: First build almost complete

That, Sir, is going to be a great looking rifle. Good choice on the scope too.

Thinking an AAC right now but thats just because thats the only thing I have ever shot, plus I am thinking about spending the money to get an aac flash hider to finish out the look of the rifle. It will probably take me a while to decide. Right now I am just looking forward to being able to go shoot and enjoy this gun. I have had several AR builds and I built a saiga 12 but this is by far the best looking gun I have. I just hope it shoots as good as it looks.
grin.gif

Also a huge thanks to Kyle at XLR who saw this thread so now my base is being sent to him to be done right. You cant beat customer service like that.

congrats on an epic looking stick. I'm a huge AAC fan boy I've got the flag up in my office and I run a 7.62SD on my FAL. However if I was purchasing a can with the primary intent to run it on a 700 it would be a direct thread on can.

That is a great looking rifle. I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Sweet looking rifle. I hope you enjoy it.