• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing First Coyote

HighCotton

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2009
Memphis, TN
I killed my first coyote Sunday morning. 200 yrd with 260 rem 120grn Accutips.
crawlin4runner

Re: First Coyote

Thanks, I didnt set out to kill this one. It was just one of those "Hmmm, I wonder what will happen to that after I shot it" moments. It wasnt the awesome ass hole over elbows flip that I was hoping for but it was still cool bc she just fell over right there. The lease I hunt is covered up with the dang things. It pretty creapy when you get down after dark and you here them howling and yelping every which way. So after deer season its on like a pot a neck bones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Six Five Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are screwed now, the addiction has only started!! Nice dog. </div></div>

What he said +1000!

Are you gonna start calling them?

Yeah thats the plan. I have a buddy who has been predator hunting and making his own calls for years. He said he would teach me the basic stuff. Then its trial and error time. Whos hunted coyotes with a can? Does it make a differnce if you have 2 dogs working? You shoot one does the other still hear it and bug out like normal? The rest of my AR parts should be here before long and I got a threaded barrel just for shits n giggles in case I wanted to get a can, brake, or flash hider.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Six Five Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are screwed now, the addiction has only started!! Nice dog.</div></div>

Couldn't agree more......

Once you start calling coyotes, you'll be forever bored to death sitting on a deer stand. It just ain't the same...
Congrats on #1!

Could not post any better than all the above.OK- it is addictive-as hell.