• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First custom build

E5B

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2008
NC (misplaced Texan)
Thought I'd share my new build with you. I always treat myself to a new gun when I finish a deployment. Decided to go with a full custom 300/221 Blackout. The build took almost nine months but that was mainly due to the stock running behind. AKA-Spook built it for me.

Modified Rem 700 action with sako extractor and tactical bolt knob

16" Brux heavy barrel with 1 in 8" twist (threaded for surpressor)

Jewell trigger set at 8 oz

Manners stock with adjustable cheek piece

CDI bottom metal and magazine

I added a NF 20 MOA two piece base

NF Med rings

NF NXS 5.5-22x56mm

I just received it so haven't fired it yet. Got brass formed, primed and ready. Just need time and a place.

IMG_32102.JPG

IMG_32121.JPG

IMG_32131.JPG

Once I get out to the range I'll post the results.

This is my first custom rifle and I'm super excited about it.

Re: First custom build

Thanks and you are welcome.

This build is exactly what I wanted. I've been dreaming of this thing for years!

nice build.. I do the same thing after a deployment.. no better way to say welcome back then a new stick... after this next tour here soon its gonna be a badger m2008 action build..

enjoy it and welcome back..

Welcome back! Let us know as soon as you get some range time with it. Sure looks good!

I always do the same thing too. Everytime I start a deployment I start the build process so it is there upon my return. I like the rifle alot and I am looking forward to the range report.

I like the colors in that molded camo. I went with the "GAP" colors but that looks sweet. You'll really like that cartridge. Spook knows what he's doin'.