• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos First Day of Spring

JonnyHawes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2009
Bluefield, WV
www.facebook.com
First day me and my buddies have got to go shooting in forever. And my it was a beautiful day.

Just a plot of land out in the country of good ol WV. Think we were shooting around 150yds, nothing fancy. Had to get the new scope sighted in.

Setup was:
Remington 700 VTR in .223
Nikon Monarch 4-16x42
Harris Bipod

Nothing fancy, jus some ol country boys havin a good time

Re: First Day of Spring

SNAFUBAR - Yea its some beautiful country up here. Love it

angsniper - I feel your pain sir lol Ive been buried in the stuff since December. I like snow and all but it is time to go away now

Nice! I haven't been able to shoot in a very long time.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice man. I always shoot with my raybans on too.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Never leave home without em!
wink.gif

Looks like fun. I'd only recommend to get straighter behind the rifle. Signing up to the online lessons will teach you a lot.

how do you like the VTR? i have the varmint bull barrel in .223. i cant figure out with the higher rate of twist what lighter bullet to use to get the groups the way i wanted. i swapped out the stock for a b&c medalist. i think that triangle barrel is interesting looking. nice range too.

To be honest, I really like the rifle, but I think its overpriced. You are pretty much paying for the triangle barrel, which in my opinion (while cool), its not that much of an improvement.

But then again, Im not exactly a super marksman lol ;P

I have the Remington 700 VTR in .223, but the Cabela's version. Remington made that a version with 24 inch barrel without the muzzle brake. And for the .223 there is real no need for the muzzle brake IMO. But the gun LOVES and I mean LOVES the Hornady 55 g V-max bullets. It has been shooting .367 to .156 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards day in and day out.

Nice range and have fun.