• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition First F class match

Savage Mark

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2018
Shot my first match today ! Didn’t do to shabby . After first relay I was told I was in the lead with a 199 . Yes I was grinning . Next relay dropped a few points because I couldn’t see that I was shooting high . Hard to see 6mm holes at 500 yards even with a 10-50 Sightron . So ended up in 4th place out of 18 guys with a 394 . I’ll take it for my first match . Just wish I could have seen the bullet holes so I could adjust . But oh well , there are more matches .
And I’ll be ready !

Good shooting! (y)

No target pits, it sounds like? They don't really make glass that can reliably resolve bullet holes in the black under various conditions (overcast, mirage, etc.).

Now that you got your feet wet, find a range with pits or e-targets! You'll have a blast ?

Good shooting! (y)

No target pits, it sounds like? They don't really make glass that can reliably resolve bullet holes in the black under various conditions (overcast, mirage, etc.).

Now that you got your feet wet, find a range with pits or e-targets! You'll have a blast ?
Yes , no pits . It sucks . And nearest range with pits is like 3 hrs away .

glad you did well and more importantly you sound like you had fun . Here's hoping you more good fortune next time .

Yes , no pits . It sucks . And nearest range with pits is like 3 hrs away .

That's not uncommon around here, at least. We have a handful of (very) small matches at our local 600yd range, then everything else is either 2+ hrs (8/9/1k), 3+ hrs (500-600) or almost 5 hrs (next closest 8/9/1k range).

TBH, I don't know that I'd ever heard of a walk-n-paste match >300yds.

Sounds like a perfect place for some ShotMarker e-targets! ?

Your range needs electronic targets! Much cheaper than pits and easier on the eyes :)

For what ShotMarkers cost... the club can pick up 2-3 one year, and 2-3 another year. A little shuffling of relays at first, but with zero downtime for pit or target changes, the matches still tend to run a bit faster.

Our club raised the price of match entry fees a few dollars towards getting the ShotMarkers. Started with a couple and just ordered four more E-targets. Will save a little money by not replacing as many target centers too.

Our club raised the price of match entry fees a few dollars towards getting the ShotMarkers. Started with a couple and just ordered four more E-targets.

Sounds like a great idea ! But u know how people get when it’s not THEIR idea ! Lol

I hear you! Normally you have the option to pay $25 to get out of pit duty since they hire a Marine to take your place. I suggested that they still charge the three shooters $25 on the E-target and we could buy an additional 10 ShotMarkers...I think they wanted to skin me alive.

Last edited:
I hear you!

When I suggested we use shoot & see targets for our sighter target at 500 yards , the old range master was all for it , but I could tell the new range master was a little annoyed ! Oh well !

congrats , you did it . you will do even better next time to continued success (y) I liked my sightron s3 10x50x60 30mm but have to admit it lacked a little in the hard to see shot placement on dark lines of the target , but the delta styker hd 5x50x56 34mm is even better and where the sightron glass was lacking the delta picked up a ton of clarity and visual viewing for me the target lines and holes pop . Especially for only 1,600 dollars just a thought .

Last edited:
congrats , you did it . you will do even better next time to continued success (y)

Thank you . My first 300 yard match is this Saturday . At 300 I can see my bullet holes so I’m excited . Sunday I practiced and shot a 30 round group . Pretty happy with it but I need to be on my toes . Last 300 yard match there were 4 guys that shot cleans ! This is my target from Sunday . I think I’m ready to give them a run for their money ! Lol

Attachments

• F8D73F18-2A82-45BD-8314-2E25974CEABD.jpeg
    F8D73F18-2A82-45BD-8314-2E25974CEABD.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 98
congrats , you did it . you will do even better next time to continued success (y) I liked my sightron s3 10x50x60 30mm but have to admit it lacked a little in the hard to see shot placement on dark lines of the target , but the delta styker hd 5x50x56 34mm is even better and where the sightron glass was lacking the delta picked up a ton of clarity and visual viewing for me the target lines and holes pop . Especially for only 1,600 dollars just a thought .

Only $1600 ? Lmao . Well I shot my first 300 yard match . Came in 3rd with a 400-28x . First place was 400-30x . Damn that was close . Once again I had trouble seeing bullet holes with mirage . On my 2nd relay if I could have seen I was shooting a little left I could have compensated and done even better . Ill figure this out yet !

I say only 1600 not that its a small amount or cheap it is not . The sightron cost me 1050 which is still not cheap , but compared to 2000 or 6000 dollar 5x 25 scopes it being the delta is much cheaper at 1600 dollars , and just as usable with a larger usable range from 5 x 50 . Am I saying it is better no , just saying It is as usable as the far more expensive scopes . As long as you are happy with what you are using in no way am trying to get you to buy anything I only mentioned it as maybe a brand that could be worth the time looking into . I personally am still looking into maybe getting an Athlon or a S&b and a nightforce one day , they are nice scopes and getting more firearms to put them on always makes me smile , not the land lord .

I say only 1600 not that its a small amount or cheap it is not . The sightron cost me 1050 which is still not cheap , but compared to 2000 or 6000 dollar 5x 25 scopes it being the delta is much cheaper at 1600 dollars , and just as usable with a larger usable range from 5 x 50 . Am I saying it is better no , just saying It is as usable as the far more expensive scopes . As long as you are happy with what you are using in no way am trying to get you to buy anything I only mentioned it as maybe a brand that could be worth the time looking into . I personally am still looking into maybe getting an Athlon or a S&b and a nightforce one day , they are nice scopes and getting more firearms to put them on always makes me smile , not the land lord .

I understand . I was just kidding . I looked through a NightForce the other day and at 42x it was definitely clearer than my Sightron .