• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes first garage sale of the year-vx 3 help?

huntinstud101

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2010
I picked up a mint remington 700 laminate/stainless .300 win mag today for a steal. It is topped with a vx 3 which was also spotless. My big question is that there is a ring on the front of the scope for what I would assume is distance focus? it didnt appear to have any ranging reference in the reticle but I could be wrong. any idea what this ring is? I can post pics if it would help. He had the box but no manual with it and no ident on the box.

It's an adjustable objective for parallax, not as precise as a side focus but they work well enough for a hunting scope.

Don't know about precision, but AO sucks to adjust while prone and looking through the scope.