• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First glass purchase ... buyers remorse ... maybe

DS12

Private
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well I bit the bullet and purchased a US Optics 3.2-17x44 SN3 . . . $2500 gone and now the wait begins ... and the wait begins .... and the wait ... is making me think maybe I really didn't need to purchase just a nice optic for my first scope.

Sure I own 4 EOTechs and 2 Acogs, but do I really need this ...

ah well. . .

Re: First glass purchase ... buyers remorse ... maybe

Once you've looked through and shot with great glass, you won't go back. You'll feel better when the scope shows up and you use it. I felt the same way when I get my Premier Heritage. Hang in there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DS12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I bit the bullet and purchased a US Optics 3.2-17x44 SN3 . . . $2500 gone and now the wait begins ... and the wait begins .... and the wait ... is making me think maybe I really didn't need to purchase just a nice optic for my first scope.

ah well. . . </div></div>

Yeah, you f$cked up.

But look on the bright side...At least here on the Hide you aren't charged by the hour for expressing your self doubt and receiving positive reassurance. It's threads like this that will put therapists and life-coaches out of business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DS12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I bit the bullet and purchased a US Optics 3.2-17x44 SN3 . . . $2500 gone and now the wait begins ... and the wait begins .... and the wait ... is making me think maybe I really didn't need to purchase just a nice optic for my first scope.

ah well. . . </div></div>

Put a tampon in your cunt and quit bitching. You just bought the best damn optic on the planet from the best optics manufacturer in the country. STFU and have no doubts! I promise you won't regret it and if you don't and wanna sell it give me a call!

^ what he said

You should not be having buyers remorse, but instead the giddy feeling you had as a kid when you bought your first pack of condoms because some things are better than, well, you get the idea

I wouldn't call it Buyer's Remorse so much a Buyer waiting on shipment to confirm the hype anxiety.

You will be very pleased.

the only reason you will have buyers remorse is if youre not going to get any use out of it.if you get it out 12 times a year its worth every penny

A lot of guys on this site wish they had your "problem". Suck it up and wait nancy.

Seriously!?! Wish I had your problems!! Most guys have to save up and wait years for such a privilege!

To expand on Cavscout's comment, I think you're confusing "buyer's remorse" with "shipping anxiety".

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Buyer's Remorse</span> is when the buyer realizes they bought a piece of shit. This is not what's going on in your case. This would apply in a Counter Sniper or BSA purchase. Normally it's a mistake only made once, however I have read of some people repeating the process expecting a different outcome (BTW, that is the definition of insanity).

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Seller's Remorse</span> is a much more common phenomenon. This is when the seller of an item realizes after selling there is a deep dark hole where his soul used to be. In some cases this is accompanied by a sick feeling similar to nausea and a dryness in the throat that only the finest alcohol infused liquid can fix. The best treatment for seller's remorse is purchasing other items to take the place of what was sold. The seller while waiting on these new acquisitions to arrive can experience several issues of their own, listed below.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Shipping anxiety</span> is when the buyer has an item somewhere in space with no real knowledge as to where his/her item is. Some companies offer tracking as a way to tease the buyer with vague descriptions of locations near and far that their item could possibly be located at. The feeling of shipping anxiety is also a kin to "back order depression".

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Back order depression</span> is when the buyer has to wait weeks, months, and sometimes years for something they wanted immediately. This is not completely the seller/shippers fault since the buyer in most cases knew when they bought/ordered the item that it was not in stock. Occasionally this can be a good thing. For example when the spouse of the buyer get's home and finds a box on the porch. 9 times out of 10 the spouse will ask the buyer, "What the hell did you buy this time?!!". In an instance of back order the buyer can simply say, "Oh honey, don't you remember? I told you about this ____ months ago when it was back ordered." Additionally on smaller purchases it is possible to even forget that an item is coming. When it arrives unexpectedly it's like Christmas in July (if item arrives in July).

I hope this helps. Enjoy your new scope bro.

Re: First glass purchase ... buyers remorse ... ma

lmfao this place is awesome!

you guys kill me.

I feel your pain; it took me a long time to wait for my MST-100.

Stick with it, brother - we'll make it through this together.

Damn; that's funny. I thought you were going to say you bought a Barska.

I never had buyers remorse slapping down $1500 for a scope (In 2001)

I had sellers remorse when I sold it so I bought the guy a brand new one to spec and got my old one back...sure the new one's are smaller, lower profile, more options but it wasn't mine...:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Money in the bank is boring... </div></div>
While that is true, paying 15+% on credit card debt can be a bitch though
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^ what he said

You should not be having buyers remorse, but instead the giddy feeling you had as a kid when you bought your first pack of condoms because some things are better than, well, you get the idea </div></div>

I am 38 years old and never bought a box of condoms. Maybe I missed out.
I am currently suffering shippers delay. My 5-25X56 S&B is still not here.
Patience is not a virtue I possess.

As long as you're covering all the bases (food, clothing, shelter, retirement funds, emergency funds, etc) who's to say splurging on a quality bit of gear is a mistake?

Seriously?
You are in the wrong sport if you aren't comfortable buying top end gear, which equals top notch potential performance.

You did make a mistake. Send it to me and I will trade it for a Leupold, which has operator sweat on it, and was touched by Clint Smith and Jacob Bynum. More operators have been involved with it, but ongoing operations prohibits any further disclosure.

I won't even tack on any extra to make it worth my time helping you out of your self inflicted morose, but being a fair guy, I will help you out of it.