• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing First hunt with a can, drew blood. I'm already hooked!

Garvey

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
Melissa, Texas
Me and some buds were in west Texas this weekend. Two of us went to a known spot for hogs. It's also known for 500 yard, or longer, shots. We made big lap to get on the high ground, but not get winded. He and I glassed for about an hour and a half. Then all of a sudden he said "damn there's a hog right there". I said "range it", he said "300". I was alread dialed for 530, so I dialed down for 300. I was also already glassing while prone, so this hog had no chance. .260 Rem, 140 A-max 300 yards.

Dickenshog_zps37600bdc.jpg

Hunted hoggs with a group a few weeks ago with dogs. Had my AR with can attached. Those guys are used to shooting the running ones with shotguns. Had one run by me and popped it. The guy near me asked why I didn't shoot when it ran by. When I drug the sow out of the brush, his jaw dropped. He said he didn't hear a shot. I smiled and said I know...

Get ready for all hell to break loose now... Welcome to the realm of "gamechangers" we've been hunting Everything with cans for over 6 years, and have 100's of kills documented on video, from whitetail to bobcats... congrats, your ruined!

+1 on the first year hunting with a can. I can't get over the fact that I can hear the bullets hit the animals. Thump.

Then comes another of these threads to get me pumped back up... gotta get back in touch with my shooting buddy about a trust so I can send in a form 1 and get to work :)

+1 on the first year hunting with a can. I can't get over the fact that I can hear the bullets hit the animals. Thump.

Hahahaha!

That's what happened. Peeeeew...THUMP. No doubt when you connect.

Yes Skinny, I am ruined. Texas opened up deer hunting with suppressors this past season, but I didn't have it yet. It can be written in stone that I will never hunt hogs, coyotes, bobcats, or deer without it from now on. It is too much fun!

Almost forgot! I saved my gunsmith some work and purchased a Shilen barrel to replace the barrel on my .22-250 that's got some serious throat erosion. I ordered a 1:8" twist .22-250 and had ordered 1200 ct. 75 gr. A-maxes prior to the craze. Talk about a varmint slayer with the can screwed on that machine!