• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos First long range shooting

kcshooter308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2009
Kansas City
Had a chance to make it out to icallem's place and do some long range shooting for the first time. He has a very nice place to shoot out to 415 yards. i enjoyed every minute, we had alot of fun and i learned alot.

Re: First long range shooting

Looks pretty cool. Icallem is a good guy to learn from.

Thanks for coming out, it is always fun to shoot with others.

You forgot to mention that you hit the 5 inch steel at 415 with your first shot at anything over 100 yards!

Hope you can get out here again when it is cooler and we can get more rounds down range.

Good luck in your search for a scope.

Nice place you got there, appears to be perfect weather that day.

Conditions were less than perfect. It was clear and no wind but it was about 105 degrees ( that's why my shirt is so sweaty) the barrel got hot after 4 rounds so we didn't get much shooting done

Ya it was a great range. He has some other land we can shoot on that reaches out to probably 900 yards

The other place we can shoot is really good for long range, as you can shoot ~1500 if everything was right, but..... you are shooting west so this needs to be done in the early morning hours.

I'll get some more targets made as one of them got blown up!