• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors First outting with new cans

cockcroft

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2004
Huntsville, Texas
My Yankee Hill Machine SS Phantom 223 and AAC 308 cans came in Saturday.
My son and I went out this morning to practice for the S&S clay pigeon match thats coming up in September and took the cans along to play with.
William Roscoe built me a 308 last month on a Stiller Predator with a Hart barrel that he threaded for a suppressor. AT 200 yds. the point of impact was 4.5 inches lower with the can then without. I wasn't sure what I expected the POI change to be, but this was more then I expected.
Is this about average?
The recoil and sound reduction were excellent one the 308. The 223 still has that "high pitched crack", for lack of a better description,of the bullet but overall noise reduction was what I had hoped for with the 223 and better then expected with the 308.
James Hills of 3 Enterprises in Houston did the transfers for me and went as far as to meet me at his office Sat. evening so I would have the cans for todays shooting session. Took right at 16 weeks from mailing transfer to picking up cans.
suppressors500ydpractice015.jpg

suppressors500ydpractice022.jpg

Re: First outting with new cans

Sweet rifles. I'm thinking about getting a .22 LR can and a .308 can for my first suppressors. The idea is I would have a .22 can for all of my .22lr rifles and what not. And I could use the .308 can for my .308 and every other centerfire cartridge lower. How does your AAC 308 can mount?

Re: First outting with new cans

AAC uses their flash hider/quick release. Screw flash hider on first then can screws on with about 1 and a half turns. I am going to use the 308 can on my 260AI and 280AI also.